Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:59 AM

2,111 posts, read 7,941,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I'm not a vegetarian, but do not eat beef or pork. I went to an Italian restaurant this winter and order the pasta fagioli (which is supposed to be meatless). Imagine my surprise when my first bite yielded a chewy piece of meat. I called over the waiter and learned that they put bacon in it! Obviously you can never be sure, so now I ask. As an Italian, I watched my grandmother make pasta fagioli for years and make a pretty mean version myself. Never does it have any meat.

I agree with the above posters that most Asian restaurants offer a wide variety of vegetarian options.
I agree, my Grandmother always never added meat to pasta fagoli. I make this at home and don't care for it with meat. I recently found out by doing some home cooking and looking at recipes that some call for pancetta or bacon. I'm glad I like escarole and beans too!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 12:40 PM

19,067 posts, read 25,224,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
I'm aware of Indian foods and close to Oaktree Rd which has a lot of Indian Restaurants, but unlike Chinese Dishes where you know what's in it, I'm not to familiar with Indian food, and I do a lot of cooking also.

Hmmmm...Are you SURE that you know what is in that Chinese food?

Old 05-31-2011, 02:12 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,953,709 times
Don't forget Whole Foods and Trader Joe's for veggie fast food options to grab 'n go.

Go to the prepared foods section...you'll find salads, veggie wraps, tabouleh, dolmas (rice wrapped in grape leaves), hummus, falafel, rice & pasta dishes, etc. etc. Whole Foods also has vegan 'chicken' salad, vegan dumplings, etc. etc.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:50 PM

13 posts, read 24,044 times
If you're in Bergen County, be sure to check out Su in Edgewater. Excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey