Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 01:47 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,400,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
feel free to jump down my throat.

i dont know that christie using a helicopter for this purpose is so unusual. if it is, then im happy to have it thrown in his face and have us taxpayers compensated.

i believe the state departments fleet of limousines has almost doubled in the last couple of years. you give politicians access to the piggy bank, they will spend everything you allow and then some.
except tea partiers of course. they are immune to this politician weakness that applies to everyone else.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:49 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,400,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Nope. He stays at their home in Mendham. The official mansion is only used for ceremonial functions like entertaining folks from Iowa who want him to run for President.

Yup!
Totally inconsistent positions for our friend Ann.
Will this comment warrant a report to The Powers That Be?
i still think both are non-issues. blown up. ok, enough from me here. this one has made my head spin enough for today

Old 06-02-2011, 01:50 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
except tea partiers of course. they are immune to this politician weakness that applies to everyone else.
you will never see me say anything like that. they will all enjoy whatever perks we let them get away with. thats why you need to limit the money they can spend. the tea party is the only group that is trying to cut costs and the people who want their endorsement do need to appease tea partiers. so they are the only group who might cut costs.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
I see your point about limiting their travel while in office, to curtail those costs a bit...but i think they should be able to keep some portion of their normal lives...including traveling a few times during the term. either way, it's a known cost for the president...so that's not comparable to a governor using state money for personal reasons...since that is not assumed when we elect our governors, and it is when we elect our president.
when i did a quick search for the cost i saw it mentioned that the spain trip was michelle's 8th vacation so far (not sure how far into the year that was). i agree they should be able to live a normal life but not many normal people enjoy that many vacations and not many are traveling to foreign countries. but i understand she is rich and its fun to be a big shot in spain with a huge enterouge, so maybe set some limits at least. it will only be 4 years, surely they can cut back their jet setting lifestyle for that short period. it may even be nice to give the business to an american locality.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:52 PM

1,527 posts, read 4,063,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Nope. He stays at their home in Mendham. The official mansion is only used for ceremonial functions like entertaining folks from Iowa who want him to run for President.

Yup!
Totally inconsistent positions for our friend Ann.
Will this comment warrant a report to The Powers That Be?
Please stop talking about me in that creepy tone. You are now harassing me personally.

If you want to debate, debate, but I am starting to feel personally threatened by you.

And with that, I'll be off of City-Data. Adios.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:54 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann77 View Post
Personal harassment again. Reported.
You might be able to get a lawyer to take on your case and make a couple of million.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:01 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
Please stop talking about me in that creepy tone. You are now harassing me personally.

If you want to debate, debate, but I am starting to feel personally threatened by you.

And with that, I'll be off of City-Data. Adios.
Well then don't use your real name , its called common sense..... I guess your generation doesn't seem to understand that while using the Internet.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:08 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Christie is god. He shouldn't have to pay anything. His shared sacrifice is having us pay for him to jet around the state to ball games and functions for hacks and have us slobs pay the freight. Watch in a couple of days when we keep posting the NRC will pay the bill or someone else. Another screwup. Stay tuned for the next.
I posted this yesterday, I guess a check of his backers and supporters realized they better pay up pronto before he drops in the polls even more. He still won't admit it was wrong. It would be a non issue if he wasn't on the shared sacrifice thing.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:15 PM

1,527 posts, read 4,063,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Well then don't use your real name , its called common sense..... I guess your generation doesn't seem to understand that while using the Internet.
There's other stuff going on that you don't know about. People should be really careful when they start threatening people on the internet.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:21 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
There's other stuff going on that you don't know about. People should be really careful when they start threatening people on the internet.
I wouldn't pay any attention to it , 90% of the time its hot air....thats also something your Generation doesn't seem to understand when using the Internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey