Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:48 AM

20 posts, read 165,965 times

Advertisements

Indians that I know are very hardworking and courteous. Many of my colleagues believe that Indian-Americans are making NYC and its suburbs better places to live, improving the school districts, etc. Btw, I am a big fan of Indian food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 07:27 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
As long as you are here LEGALLY you're ok in my book

Old 08-06-2007, 07:45 AM

36 posts, read 168,036 times
Smile Indians in America

I work with some very lovely Indian people and have known them to be smart, courteous and very friendly.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:04 AM

8,306 posts, read 3,469,997 times
I dont think there are many Indians who are here "illegally". We fear the law as much as you do. There are exceptions, I know..
People who are usually here on techie /IT/ software or other white collar jobs usually never ever overstay their visa. That is because their companies usually handle all the visa issues for them, and these companies are good ,big multinationals , fortune 500 or whatever.. The have independent departments only to handle these Visa thingies, so you can be assured that they will not break the law whatever. They keep track of everything including when our visa expires, when we file for extension and everything, They even DO all that for us. Because if we continue to stay when we cannot, their names are at stake. And we stand at risk of deportation. They definitely can not afford that with clients like IBM, Microsoft and the likes.
US embassies also usually grant us Visas easily when our companies file for us. So there is absolutely no reason for us to stay here illegally. I guess most people who stay here even after their visa permits them to ,are the ones who are not very affluent/educated or into low "wage" paying jobs.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:58 AM

687 posts, read 3,251,641 times
When I was a teacher and coach, I absolutely loved my Indian kids. They were incredibly courteous and so easy to work with.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:01 AM

8,306 posts, read 3,469,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
When I was a teacher and coach, I absolutely loved my Indian kids. They were incredibly courteous and so easy to work with.
Aww. .I hope my kiddo has a teacher like you someday who thinks the same of him

Old 08-06-2007, 02:52 PM

12 posts, read 47,729 times
respectful is the one word i can def say

Old 08-06-2007, 03:07 PM

311 posts, read 1,376,787 times
Indian cuisine is among the best I have tried. There are several Indian buffets that I frequent and I always end up overeating. I was first introduced to Indian food by a friend in College who used to make Chicken Curry. He was from the Nagaland section of India.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:15 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,307,243 times
Some of my best friends in college were Indians. I've never been to India, but I had the opportunity to take a trip to Sri Lanka last year. The food we had in SL was similar to South Indian food. I love spices and curries so I was in heaven. I did crave a good old fashioned American hamburger by the end of the 16-day trip though! I'd love to make it to India or go back to SL some day.

I still have several Indian friends, and my biggest complaint about them (my friends, not all Indians) is that I think they drink wayyyy too much!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 03:30 PM

67 posts, read 344,109 times
Here's a question for you Simmi:

Is there any truth to the rumors I have heard about Indians being "color struck".
I have heard that fairer skinned Indians look down on darker skinned Indians, and that this attitude carries to the US where "some" Indians have issues with Black people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey