U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 12:53 PM

3 posts, read 15,821 times

Advertisements

Hi! My boyfriend and I are looking at apartments in Rahway and we came across the Skyview Apartments. Does anyone have any information about them? I've been looking all over the internet and can't seem to find any comments good or bad from past and current tenants. I did hear that they might be foreclosing. Does anyone know if that's true? The current deal they are offering is 3 months free if you sign be June 15th. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 07:28 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,783,883 times
Sounds pretty desperate on their part. What are they asking for, per month?

Old 06-07-2011, 08:08 PM

294 posts, read 664,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLaricchia View Post
Hi! My boyfriend and I are looking at apartments in Rahway and we came across the Skyview Apartments. Does anyone have any information about them? I've been looking all over the internet and can't seem to find any comments good or bad from past and current tenants. I did hear that they might be foreclosing. Does anyone know if that's true? The current deal they are offering is 3 months free if you sign be June 15th. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Not only were they thinking in foreclosing, but also section 8 was seen as an option. Apparently, they have had a real hard time selling those units. I like Rahway. I think the location is absolutely awesome. The township has lots of potential, but is a far cry from being completely gentrified. However, the city council and the twonship are doing the best they can in proping up the city of Rahway. As to what will happen to the building....is anyone's guess. But I'm afraid that they will pick section 8 as an option.

Last edited by Ed Guitar; 06-07-2011 at 08:17 PM..

Old 06-09-2011, 04:36 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,783,883 times
Section 8 probably will not work there because those units are compact. Usually, folks on rental assistance have large families.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:20 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,178,852 times
Quote:

thanks
When you do move, welcome to the neighborhood

Old 07-11-2011, 12:48 PM

186 posts, read 696,142 times
Quote:

thanks
Did you end up moving to Skyview? If so, what has your experience been?

Old 09-05-2012, 08:24 AM

2 posts, read 5,125 times
My husband and I live here for whole year, the building is close to train station and very convenient to go to new York, but we got worst experience to extend lease. before 1 year lease will expire the owner send us notice with wrong expire date ( our expire date is 5/31, they send us notice with date 6/31), then ask for too high rental fee to extend lease for month by month,raised $700 per month and comes total rental fee $2400 per month, leave us no other choice.........worse experience ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: