Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:13 PM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,880,191 times

Advertisements

Even though I left NJ for SC - NJ will always be home. I grew up there and will always love it!

Best of luck on your move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 09:24 PM

114 posts, read 208,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
all of you who were positive about NJ and gave me suggestions on things to do.

I ended up going from 7/30-8/4 and absolutely loved it (enough that I was even heartbroken when I left!) I plan on moving there (northern NJ) sometime within the next 12 months.

I don't want any negative posts in here - I've read everyone's complaints on the state, and I realize it's not for everyone. I was happier there than anywhere else I've ever been, though (plus I know there are enough people here who DO love NJ).
Well Jersey Will welcome you with open arms and (and wallet) but hope all goes well for you congrates

Old 08-06-2007, 11:20 PM

77 posts, read 318,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Manalapan is in the middle of a reaccessment so taxes may not be what's posted. Check to see if this is current if yoy consider there. The people from Brooklyn were always there, but the Staten Islanders are another breed entirely.
Actually you can get cheap trailer homes in Hazlet and Union Beach for under 25 grand. Middletown offers cheap homes for under 160 grand. If you want a great affordable place to raise a family, a safe town, but close to New York City, and a town that offers a lot of things to do, I would choose Keansburg. Keansburg is a great town, and there are homes that range up to over 600 grand! Its an overlooked town, but with great quality!

Old 08-07-2007, 06:17 AM
EB2 EB2 started this thread

1,925 posts, read 6,363,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyM'Fers View Post
Well Jersey Will welcome you with open arms and (and wallet) but hope all goes well for you congrates
Thanks!

Old 08-07-2007, 09:08 AM

57 posts, read 309,729 times
By Brooklyn standards Keansburg is not a bad town. But by Jersey standards it’s a slum. In my opinion if you are moving to New Jersey you can do better then Keansburg. Take a drive around northeastern Monmouth and contact a realtor. Make a day of it, go to the beach go see where the ferry leaves from check out the train lines. The weather is nice take advantage of it. Come with an empty tank of gas and fill up here it’s much cheaper.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:35 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,097,349 times
Not a problem. Good luck when you finally decide to move!!

Old 08-08-2007, 08:45 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion1usa View Post
Actually you can get cheap trailer homes in Hazlet and Union Beach for under 25 grand. Middletown offers cheap homes for under 160 grand. If you want a great affordable place to raise a family, a safe town, but close to New York City, and a town that offers a lot of things to do, I would choose Keansburg. Keansburg is a great town, and there are homes that range up to over 600 grand! Its an overlooked town, but with great quality!
Last time I was in Keansburg the people had no teeth. Turn on NJ 101.5 talk radio and y'all here the same from them. Denis and Judy love making keansburg jokes.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:11 PM

9 posts, read 29,946 times
Holmdel recently got reaccessed also and people are now having trouble selling.
According to several moving companies there are more people moving out of NJ then moving in, I am not sure what percentage is retirees.

Yes I herd it too. I to use to live in Keansburg and herd the joke 'How do you complement a Keansburger - Nice tooth'
I bought a trailer in Hazlet, in the long run it was a lot cheaper than renting. 1000+ for a one bedroom apartment. I agree about making sure you have your wallet out - The Government will take what they want when they want. If you use to listen to Carton and Rossi you would know.

Last edited by LivininNJ; 09-22-2007 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: Correction

Old 09-26-2007, 03:07 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,459,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
all of you who were positive about NJ and gave me suggestions on things to do.

I ended up going from 7/30-8/4 and absolutely loved it (enough that I was even heartbroken when I left!) I plan on moving there (northern NJ) sometime within the next 12 months.

I don't want any negative posts in here - I've read everyone's complaints on the state, and I realize it's not for everyone. I was happier there than anywhere else I've ever been, though (plus I know there are enough people here who DO love NJ).
We now refer to those negative posters as SPEED BUMPS
if you see one just pass right by it

Good Luck And an Early Welcome to New Jersey

Old 09-26-2007, 03:08 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,459,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Manalapan is in the middle of a reaccessment so taxes may not be what's posted. Check to see if this is current if yoy consider there. The people from Brooklyn were always there, but the Staten Islanders are another breed entirely.
We got a SPEED BUMP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey