Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 08:23 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
This.

Those chains can be pretty good, but they're chains. There's nothing distinct or unique about them. Again, not to say they're not good and in some cases great, but you're getting the same burger there as you are in Akron, OH.

For my money on locations unique to Jersey...

Iron Horse in Westwood used to be high up on my list but lately they've been disappointing. Is it just me or are the burgers getting smaller? Regardless, their burgers are still very tasty and stuffed with cheese (a concept I've mastered in the homefront). The 101 Pub in Bogota serves up a really great burger as well (recommend the 101 Burger). Also a big fan of Harley's in Hackensack.

Man now I really want a burger and a pint of Guinness...
Sounds like a good Jersey breakfast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachrunner View Post
My favorite is Barnacle Bills in Rumson (also like Broadway Bar and Grill in Point Pleasant), although they are pub burgers, and not a fast food burgers. I have heard good things about Rossi's in Trenton, but I have never been.

I prefer 5 Guys over Bobby's Burger Palace and have not tried any of the others.
Thanks for the suggestion. Rumson is not far from me--I'll have to check that one out.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:02 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,029,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachrunner View Post
My favorite is Barnacle Bills in Rumson (also like Broadway Bar and Grill in Point Pleasant), although they are pub burgers, and not a fast food burgers.
Man, Barnacle Bill's looks awesome. Gonna give that a try next time the lady and I visit her folks in Shrewsbury!

Old 06-11-2011, 09:08 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
I like 5 Guys fries, but their burgers were hockey pucks IMO. Diners serve better burgers in NJ

Old 06-11-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Bobby's burger palace is pretty good.
I agree with this! My daughter knew about them, and then I found that there's one by the mall near me. Good burger.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:14 AM

188 posts, read 414,446 times
And at Barnacle Bills I also recommend the steamers. They are more expensive, but you get a lot Steamers.... the aftermath. - Barnacle Bill's - Rumson, NJ - June 11, 2011 - baklava's photo on picp (http://picplz.com/user/baklava/pic/gg1j0/ - broken link).

A few reviews
Jersey Foodies: Barnacle Bill's - Rumson, NJ
Augieland: The best burger: Barnacle Bill's

Old 06-12-2011, 01:11 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,487 times
White Manna (two N's) Hackensack, not White Mana (one N) Jersey City.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:39 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,029,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
White Manna (two N's) Hackensack, not White Mana (one N) Jersey City.
Fact.

I've tried to JC WM a few times after being raised on the Hackensack WM, still good but just doesn't compare. Can't believe it's been over a month since I've moved back to NJ and haven't made a White Manna trip yet!

Old 06-12-2011, 03:37 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,956,195 times
I was turned off at the White Manna in Hackensack...I don't know if its the same everywhere else I get a burger but the lady making the burger wore the same rubber gloves to handle raw meat as she did when she wrapped the cooked burgers, and was about to ring me up too until another lady came in to help out. Not sure what all the hype is on the place too...smells just like Mcdonald cheeseburgers too. They do taste good but not my thing..I can see why people like them.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:46 PM

81 posts, read 140,243 times
If you want the best burger ever known to man you have got the leave NJ and head to Jane at 100 W. Houston St. NYC. TRUST ME, DO IT! Oh my god its good. For something quick and more fast food like (but better quality ingredients) head to Shake Shack also in the city. Still delicious but you might want to order two. BTW brunch at Jane (Benedict Johnny) OMG!!!! haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey