Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 03:24 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,544,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Never heard of this, so I looked to see if there were any in New Jersey. Turns out there's one pretty close to me. New chain?
I mentioned this up thread already. I usually get their ahi tuna sandwich tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 03:34 PM

19,120 posts, read 25,316,835 times
Quote:
Never heard of this, so I looked to see if there were any in New Jersey. Turns out there's one pretty close to me. New chain?
There's one in Bridgewater, which I tried a few years ago.
It was... okay... but not exactly... great.
But, looking on the bright side, Habit Burger was bought-out by Yum Corp last year, and since I am a long-term holder of Yum stock, I urge everyone to go to Habit Burger!

Old 01-16-2021, 03:42 PM

88,531 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I mentioned this up thread already. I usually get their ahi tuna sandwich tho.
Hm, must have missed that. An ahi tuna sandwich sounds GOOD, though. I can get a burger anywhere, but you don't see that too often.

I see there's a Habit Burger on 35 in Eatontown somewhere.

Old 01-16-2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Hm, must have missed that. An ahi tuna sandwich sounds GOOD, though. I can get a burger anywhere, but you don't see that too often.

It's really good! They also have a selection of green tea /fruit flavored unsweetened ice teas.

Old 01-16-2021, 04:16 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:

that one isnt too far from my daughter's dance class. but none of these fast food places seem to allow indoor dining. jerks. their web site looks ok but the pictures of the food look very burger kingy. i made the mistake of trying sonic in middletown and i have little desire to test out more fast food burgers.

if im going to make the extra 10 minute ride from dance class to pick up some fast food, its probably going to be popeyes. i like cluck u also.

Old 01-16-2021, 05:16 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
the best burger is in philly at the good dog bar which is the good dog burger:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/good-dog-bar-philadelphia

That's what a burger patty is supposed to look like. Not some flat piece of crap turned into cheap meat.

If you were a cow, would you want to be turned into a fast food burger patty?

Old 01-16-2021, 05:26 PM

19,036 posts, read 13,948,655 times
I had Habit Burger today, that's why I pounced when I saw this. It was around my 10th time, but by far the best. I was in Eatontown while looking at houses.

I run a burger club on Facebook. We hold monthly "Meat Ups". We haven't hit too many NJ spots, but that will chance once I settle in after the move. My most recent find was Old Glory in Keyport. Wow.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-16-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I had Habit Burger today, that's why I pounced when I saw this. It was around my 10th time, but by far the best. I was in Eatontown while looking at houses.

I run a burger club on Facebook. We hold monthly "Meat Ups". We haven't hit too many NJ spots, but that will chance once I settle in after the move. My most recent find was Old Glory in Keyport. Wow.
I looked it up since I'm out that way during the summer. Looks good!

https://www.oldglorynj.com/

Old 01-16-2021, 11:15 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Yes, they are rapidly shrinking, and may soon be totally gone.
A few years ago, a friend and I went to the one in Edison and we ordered the Sweet Potato Fries and a couple of "entree" salads with grilled salmon. The fries were really soggy, rather than "crispy" and they were grossly over-salted to the point of almost being inedible. Plus, the "entree" salads were appetizer-size--and they were missing a couple of the stated ingredients.

I called the waitress back to the table and pointed-out that we had been given appetizer-size salads, rather than the "entree" size salads that we had ordered. She gleefully announced that what we were served was indeed "entree" size. We were both able to consume these "entree" size salads in 7 or 8 forkfuls. Ergo, an extremely poor value.

The next day, I sent an email to that location's manager detailing my experience and requesting his explanation, but he never gave me the courtesy of a response. I even posted a review on Yelp--which I assume is monitored by the restaurant--and asked for a response, which never came.

Good riddance to Zinburger, as far as I am concerned.
I went to the Cherry Hill restaurant and had an excellent burger. I went back two times and had the same experience, outcome. I didn't order a salad or fries.

Old 01-16-2021, 11:17 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
the best burger is in philly at the good dog bar which is the good dog burger:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/good-dog-bar-philadelphia

That's what a burger patty is supposed to look like. Not some flat piece of crap turned into cheap meat.

If you were a cow, would you want to be turned into a fast food burger patty?
My son loves that place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey