Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:18 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think Christie will easily win again. He destroyed Corzine in a heavily democratic state. He will beat the next challenger by an even wider margin because he has already proven that he does what he says he is going to do. He is the first EFFECTIVE governor that NJ has seen in a very long time, and hey, that's going to **** some people off, but it's making even more people very happy.
Ok cool. I don't see it being as easy as you say but you are entitled to believe what you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 07:21 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Once we see the results of the cuts, his numbers will be fine.

Besides, we all know that the current path was unsustainable.

You can only squeeze so much out of the tax payers.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:22 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev959 View Post
Considering the high number of public workers in NJ that's not surprising. The Gov is doing a great job.
Exactly. Thank goodness Christie understands a politicians job isn't to get re-elected, it's to do what's right.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisCtybase View Post
Christie should run for Prez.

Problem is 3 polls, same results. Barack Obama beats Christie in his own home state of NJ by a landslide!

His NJ disapproval rating today is higher than McGreevey, Whitman & Corzine on their 1st term as Governor for the June 1st term poll.

Christie had the smallest margin of victory in this heavily democratic leaning state since another republican Whitman won with a small margin. This despite the combined worst economy both in state of NJ & Nationally since the great depression & the Very unpopular, zero personality incumbent Governor in Corzine.

With the millions the state GOP spent & his brother spent, the worst economy, the very unpopular Corzine, he barely won & needed a landslide support from 3 GOP counties to barely win.

Marist Institute will come out on June 29th with a poll showing Christie losing to Democrats Bob Andrews, Codey, Pascrell & Booker. ( Christie got a huge break since Booker is not running for Gov. )

This guy is toast. A one term governor in a democratic state.

His confrontational, arrogant style is great when your running as a challenger. Its Ugly & horrible when you are the incumbent governor.
He may be a one term Governor but it ain't because of his style. My seven year old would vote me out of the house every time I denied him ice cream too. Too many people in New Jersey are too dependent on the government.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
When you lose 5 straight presidential elections by landslides in the last 18 years, and a horrible candidate like John Kerry wins your state, plus you've lost every single Senate & Governors race in the last decade & it took a PERFECT STORM to elect a Republican- with a Very Small margin of victory against the worse Governor in modern NJ in Corzine, that says it all right there.

Its nice to feel good if you re a Christie die hard but pretending everything is okay won't change a thing.
You seem confused between what is good for the state and a horse race. It is my opinion is, it is better not to have the $11 billion budget deficit Christie closed. If you are OK having huge deficits as long as a Dem is in the Governors mansion, that is your choice.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:34 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Am I missing something or did you come into city-data as a senior member from the get go? I thought every single one of the thousands of citydata members started as a junior when they first started.
So if I'm brand new and write a political comment that is opposite your view, I am now a shill ? I am now a teacher? I am now an NJEA?

My post is nonesense? Did your post make sense? lol !

Wow. I hope your attitude is an isolated case here. We have enough political nuts running around. Ok, Christie is awesome. He is great. He's my man. Now does that make you happy? Whatever your drinking Anesthia, you better take less of that.
Please! At least this post is conversational, which is a lot more than I can say for your first post. Maybe if you re-read it, you will see how closely it resembles the typical NJEA, Christie bashing ads. You merely just jumped in with a list of reasons why you think Christie either shouldn't or won't be reelected, with your first post, no less.

Your last paragraph makes no sense.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
And this post of yours makes sense. Its purely based on your love of a candidate without any historical consideration nor consideration of NJ's political reality.

You claim I sound NJEA while you forgot to mention that you sound like a die hard tea party nut.

You being an older member of Citydata does not make a new member's opinion and view less relevant or less accurate than yours.

Sure, he'll easily win. All your post are based on pure emotions. Nothing to show but your rah rah rah he'll win. Christie does not need cheerleaders. He has enough of that.

I state a tough re-election for a republican, and you immediately brush it off as NJEA. Way too much Kool aid buddy.. Way too much.
You can't argue that the NJEA's interests and that of the tax payer are aligned. Anyone who is so upset about Christie closing an $11 billion budget gap certainly raises questions about their priorities.

You aren't making a dispassionate observation about NJ's demographics.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:13 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Am I missing something or did you come into city-data as a senior member from the get go? I thought every single one of the thousands of citydata members started as a junior when they first started.
So if I'm brand new and write a political comment that is opposite your view, I am now a shill ? I am now a teacher? I am now an NJEA?
Well, which is it?

Quote:
My post is nonesense?
Pretty much.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:33 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think Christie will easily win again. He destroyed Corzine in a heavily democratic state. He will beat the next challenger by an even wider margin because he has already proven that he does what he says he is going to do. He is the first EFFECTIVE governor that NJ has seen in a very long time, and hey, that's going to **** some people off, but it's making even more people very happy.
And there's the issue.

He's trying to "fix" this state. The problem is that no one who plays a part in the long standing issues/problems that plague NJ, REALLY wants anything to change. For them. Personally.

Unless, and of course, the solution is taxing the "rich" more than they already are. Which is the easy way out.

I missed where CC stated "shared sacrifice" was only intended for those who make $250K and up to share and sacrifice more?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:41 PM

2,499 posts, read 2,626,467 times
He did not close an $11 billion dollar budget gap. That is a fantasy number- made up. In fact when Corzine used the same logic to discuss how he handled the budget Christie called him out on it- now he uses the same made up numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey