Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:58 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisCtybase View Post
You claim I sound NJEA while you forgot to mention that you sound like a die hard tea party nut.
So why do you stand where you do? Not saying you are or are not, just asking how anything CC has done since he's been in office has affected you personally.

Quote:
You being an older member of Citydata does not make a new member's opinion and view less relevant or less accurate than yours.
Who said the newbie's view points should be ignored? You're lucky your post(s) has/have even been addressed. You haven't been called a troll....yet, like you would have been in other CD forums...let alone completely ignored.

Moving on.....

Quote:
Sure, he'll easily win. All your post are based on pure emotions.
Haven't seen an NJEA commercial, have you?

The yelling of "middle class" every two seconds by CC haters/opposers is also a supposed to produce a non-emotional reaction ? Get real.

Quote:
Nothing to show but your rah rah rah he'll win. Christie does not need cheerleaders. He has enough of that.
And did you have a point....?

Quote:
I state a tough re-election for a republican, and you immediately brush it off as NJEA. Way too much Kool aid buddy.. Way too much.
Ye doth protest too loudly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 09:03 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
"I have to balance a budget and we're just broke in this state."

(then turns to an aide "Make sure A.C. and Xanadu get hundreds of millions in tax breaks")

Old 06-21-2011, 09:15 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
And this post of yours makes sense. Its purely based on your love of a candidate without any historical consideration nor consideration of NJ's political reality.

You claim I sound NJEA while you forgot to mention that you sound like a die hard tea party nut.

You being an older member of Citydata does not make a new member's opinion and view less relevant or less accurate than yours.

Sure, he'll easily win. All your post are based on pure emotions. Nothing to show but your rah rah rah he'll win. Christie does not need cheerleaders. He has enough of that.

I state a tough re-election for a republican, and you immediately brush it off as NJEA. Way too much Kool aid buddy.. Way too much.
You should look up the term, psychological projection.

Enough said.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:43 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,327 times
Quote:
And you should look up "neurotic disorder".

Its when anyone who criticizes Governor Christie is immediately labeled a card paying member of the NJEA. That's a serious personality disorder. Some call it paranoia.

There are hundreds of thousands of people who like and support Christie from all walks of life. Just as there are hundreds of thousands of people who disagree or do not support Christie from All Walks of life, All occupations, all colors.

I have some advice for you. Don't Take Yourself too seriously.

There are 15, 20 people posting in this thread. While maybe a couple of hundred at the most reading this thread.

The entire NJ city-data community can vote for Obama or Christie- and it won't make even half of 1% of the entire NJ electorate.

No one will waste their time convincing people about one candidate or another in this insignificant, negligible forum.

If your dream is to be a Christie's Rapid Response Manager, go to Trenton & apply for a job. Otherwise, chill, relax, simmer down, loosen up.

I'm glad you predict Christie will win because you "just feel it". Good for you. Fortune Telling may be in your future.
Christie is the only one in NJ for a long time to bring reality to a devastating situation..you better wake the hell up before you are at the soup kitchen wondering how all this hell broke loose..

Old 06-22-2011, 03:57 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
And you should look up "neurotic disorder".

Its when anyone who criticizes Governor Christie is immediately labeled a card paying member of the NJEA. That's a serious personality disorder. Some call it paranoia.

There are hundreds of thousands of people who like and support Christie from all walks of life. Just as there are hundreds of thousands of people who disagree or do not support Christie from All Walks of life, All occupations, all colors.

I have some advice for you. Don't Take Yourself too seriously.

There are 15, 20 people posting in this thread. While maybe a couple of hundred at the most reading this thread.

The entire NJ city-data community can vote for Obama or Christie- and it won't make even half of 1% of the entire NJ electorate.

No one will waste their time convincing people about one candidate or another in this insignificant, negligible forum.

If your dream is to be a Christie's Rapid Response Manager, go to Trenton & apply for a job. Otherwise, chill, relax, simmer down, loosen up.

I'm glad you predict Christie will win because you "just feel it". Good for you. Fortune Telling may be in your future.
It's obvious you didn't look up the phrase I assigned you. You are the only one getting bent out of shape in this thread. I honestly couldn't care less, but again, you are projecting your own feelings onto me. It is a natural phenomenon, especially since the birth of the internet, where we only see typed words where you cant see the other person's facial expressions or hear the tone of their voice, so there is so much room for us to place our own internal feelings and meaning on the other persons thoughts.

I'm sorry I cant really respond more to your post, as it just looks like a bunch of gibberish to me. <yawn>

****You see what I did there? I put that "yawn" in to help you out in your interpretation of my post.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:06 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
He did not close an $11 billion dollar budget gap. That is a fantasy number- made up. In fact when Corzine used the same logic to discuss how he handled the budget Christie called him out on it- now he uses the same made up numbers.

Well that is a curious accusation considering the caterwauling by the teachers union. Clearly Christie made deep and significant cuts, that resulted in cost savings. If you are correct, then no less than the Economist was fooled. I don't think they were.

New Jersey's budget: Chris Christie's compromise | The Economist

"Nonetheless, the cuts are deep—$820m from school aid and nearly half a billion from aid to cities. School aid is usually considered untouchable, but Mr Christie appeared to chop without blinking."

Old 06-22-2011, 06:29 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well that is a curious accusation considering the caterwauling by the teachers union. Clearly Christie made deep and significant cuts, that resulted in cost savings. If you are correct, then no less than the Economist was fooled. I don't think they were.

New Jersey's budget: Chris Christie's compromise | The Economist

"Nonetheless, the cuts are deep—$820m from school aid and nearly half a billion from aid to cities. School aid is usually considered untouchable, but Mr Christie appeared to chop without blinking."
Christie didn't close an $11 billion budget gap. The $10 billion figure assigned to Corzine and the $11 billion figure assigned to Christie are complete and total fluff. They are based on figures from the Office of Legislative Services, that everything I've ever read say are bogus. I don't know what goes into their calculation, but reality is that Christie cut $3 billion in spending to balance the budget to revenue while leaving some obligations unfunded and plugging some holes with stimulus money from the Fed. Overall, he cut about 10%.

I still think this is an accomplishment, but don't credit him for closing an $11 billion gap, because that never really existed.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:38 AM

858 posts, read 707,878 times
Here's the thing. Whether you agree with Christie or not, it's going to come down to people asking whether their life is better today than it was before Christie took office. They are going to look at their taxes. They are going to look at other expenses. They are going to see that they are now paying more for transit, more for school activities, more for town services...everything that Christie has cut. If the stories keep coming out that shows the wealthy have seen their wealth increase under Christie during this same time then people are going to be upset.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:45 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
Quote:
You're right Tom.

The problem here is people keep repeating like parrots whatever politicians feed them. I blame the NJEA for ignoring the reality. They have no one to blame but themselves. They deserve everything that hit them.

But to somehow project Christie as the $ 11 Billion dollar budget closer is no different than him projecting himself as "Sexy". For a small forum, we sure have quite a few men with blinders on & tight. Its like a serious high school crush on Christie. Its Christie can't do no wrong. lol ! Unbelievable

These same guys will have a bucket full of tears if he does indeed end up a one term governor.

Having an upside down, higher disapproval vs. approval rating among NJ voters is called " Buyers Remorse". this is the 2nd poll with the same results for Christie. He acts like he won by a landslide. When in reality, he barely won in a perfect storm.

Ask Republican Arnold Schwarzengger of California. Won in a heavily democratic state due to a perfect storm. Left office with an Upside down highest disapproval rating in 40 years. Its called Buyers Remorse.

Ask Majority Leader Boehner. Today's congress is upside down. Highest disapproval rating in 20 years. Polls show a very possible takeover again by democrats. Its called Buyers Remorse.

The ones with "Serious Man Love" for Christie are beyond reach. You don't even argue with them. You don't waste energy dealing with them. Many are broke as hell and blame taxes for their failure in life. Christie is their last hope.
Well, Ah-Nold, won by the skin of his teeth following the Davis recall, capturing less than 50% of the vote in a crowded field. However, he did outright win the election in 2006 with 56% of the vote, despite going into the election with a similar approval rating to what Christie has.

As for Congress, well they never poll well as a body, heck 30% would be fantastic for them. While approval is among the lowest it's ever been in the past 20 years, it is also very true that Congressional approval ratings are deeply tied to economic performance. The better the economy, the better the approval numbers. Right now every incumbent in the nation regardless of party is going to sink or swim based on how the economy does.

Like I said earlier, NJ is a Democrat leaning state. 35% registered Dems versus 22% registered Reps. The majority of the state's voters (43%) are independent. No one can predict which way this group will lean come election day. The better the economy in NJ (and the nation) and IF (yes, that's a big if) taxes are held in check and people see progress, he has a good chance at winning over the independents who put him in office. I give him a 50/50 chance...

Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default NJ loves predictablity, it provides a feeling of security

" I love Christie, I adore Christie, he will Fix my pain, he will get me back from Broke"

No, that line was already taken by Obama supporters in Detroit, just substuitute BO for CC.

Nj loves predictability and the electorate of Newark has historically elected D-party mayors since the 40s to help maintain Newark 'just the way we like it". The rest of NJ follows Newark's example. Some of us are attempting a different strategy to perhaps get different results from the abysmal but predictable outcome achieved so far with D-party domination.
Admittedly it is hard to differentiate Reps from D-party members in NJ except the D-party continues to be supported by conscripted dues donated by the NJEA, Trial lawyers and other unions. In return the unions receive copious amounts of taxpayer money.

CC destroys that predictability and the D-party is fighting for its very life provided by union elite at the expense of taxpayers and union members.

What's not to like about CC?

What harm can he do that hasn't already been institutionalized by the NJ electorate and their poor choice in local, state and national elections?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey