Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 10:56 AM

141 posts, read 243,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Not unusual with these suppliers. Many take the cheaper rate that fluctuates monthly. when the company pays more for the electric, so does the consumer.

Next time sign up for a higher but stable two year contract.
Yup, most sign up for the cheaper variable rate instead of taking the fixed rate. My wife and I signed up for another company, just for electricity, fixed rate for 1 year. It saves us a couple bucks a month and after a year if the new rate is higher then PSE&G we'll switch back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 05:46 PM

4 posts, read 16,599 times
Google Douglas Marcille he's the CFO former head of U.S. Gas and Electric. They have no affiliation with PSE&G other than they are allowed to provide supply for the customers who have service in their area.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:04 PM

105 posts, read 166,970 times
I have no complaints about PSE&G. They provide our electricity. Elizabethtown Gas provides our gas. I wouldn't put it past them to scam costumers because they run the most inefficient business I've ever encountered.

I've never heard of a gas utility company making costumers wait more than a day or two for turn-ons/shut-offs or for an appointment to make sure the meter is operating properly.

We actually had an appointment for someone to show up between noon and 4pm. Come almost 5, I gave them a call to find out why nobody showed up today. Apparently there were so many gas leaks and they had to reschedule my appointment. That's understandable, I guess, but the moron on the phone kept saying the soonest she could give us an appointment was Monday. Almost a week after our original appointment. Uh... Their employees stood me up even though I already had an appointment for today, and I left work early to be home for them. They should squeeze me in tomorrow. Not next week. I didn't authorize for them to just not show up.

It makes me wonder how many people call in gas leaks just to get these clowns to show up right away ("Oh... I thought I smelled gas. But while you're here..."). I'm tempted to do that since they don't value their costumers' time at all. Really? Making me wait around all day just to make me wait around all day next week too? In that case, I don't care about their time either.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,039 times
the parent company of NJ gas and electric is US gas and electric. The have branches in a lot of states. I have Pennsylvania gas and electric, and they are definitely rip off artists. The have been pulling the same trick in Connecticut and NJ and PA for sure. My electric rate went up 125% in one month. Impossible to get hold of anyone... they disconnect etc. Fly by night rip off operation. This is their common MO, and as far as I can tell, there is no recourse for the consumer except to expose them for what they are. I have complained to the better business bureau, The PA utilities commission etc. I only pray that I have gotten somebody's attention. Hard to justify a 1000 dollar electric bill when you are used to 350.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,020 times
Finally, I got through to a "Representative" today at NJE&G and it's confirmed, they are running a scam! We were never told our bill/cost for delivery could or would possibly increase over 250% at any given time. We had the same problem as lots of other posts with bills increasing by over 2Xs what we normally pay month to month. The scam here is that they lure you in telling you that they charge a lower rate than regular PSE&G, but the never advise that their rate can and WILL be increased at their own free will. We have never had a problem with a bill so high and we plan to send a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, because they should give customers this information upfront, BEFORE a decision is made to switch to them. Also we've called over the term of 4 days only to be hung up on or on hold for hours. Only to speak to a rep that was unable to discuss anything aspect about our bill. Unbelieveable how we were taken. And we are usually good about detecting scams.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:47 AM

141 posts, read 243,826 times
If you take a variable rate, yes it can increase. Whoever is the deliver of service(PSEG,JCPL, Elizabethtown)they control the delivery cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey