Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support NJ Senator Robert Menendez's push to legalize the illegal aliens
yes 12 16.22%
no 62 83.78%
other 0 0%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 08:59 PM

18,454 posts, read 15,236,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
The way I look at it: They were allowed to get in, and nothing has been done to send them back, and the country cannot keep 15 million people in limbo forever, so either send them back, or give them the right to work, and pay taxes, like all of us do.
I'm not sure I understand how their breaking of the law, and our government's failure to enforce the law, should somehow earn them "the right to work".

I am a burglar, and have been successful for many many years without getting caught. The fact that I have been breaking the law successfully for a long time makes it alright that I steal from people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 08:59 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
That's a myth to justify insulting American teens and cozying up to the illegal lobby. If an employer can't find decent workers in a truly bad economy, the employer needs to rethink his strategy not lobby for cheap foreign labor.

If the employer can't produce blueberries without hiring ten year olds the employer should go out of business. The Mexican workers do not speak English, drive without licenses or insurance, bring their children here for us to educate and use our emergency rooms without paying for them. The cost of their labor is simply too high.

They can go home and take the Senator for Illegals with them.
Thats the truth , American teens and young adults such as myself don't want an Embrassing job such as toilet cleaning or cleaning up puke. So we bypass those jobs and the illegals or Green card ppl take them. Once again if Americans don't want the jobs , then let the illegals take them....and not everyone who can't speak English is illegal. I know alot of legal immigrants who can't.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
It doesn't really matter what side of the fence you're on because big business LOVES its cheap workers. No president has done anything and Reagan gave illegals amnesty in the 1980s. They've been importing IT workers from India for the last 20 years by abusing H-1B visas & driving down wages in the industry. Just take the PATH any morning to see the number of Indians on the train. They all just didn't show up because of the nice weather and view of Manhattan.

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) vice president Phiroz Vandrevala even admitted that his company enjoys a competitive advantage because of its extensive use of foreign workers in the United States on H-1B and L-1 visas. "Our wage per employee is 20-25 per cent less than US wages for a similar employee," Vandrevala said. "Typically, for a TCS employee with five years experience, the annual cost to the company is $60,000-70,000, while a local American employee might cost $80,000-100,000. "This (labour arbitrage) is a fact of doing work onsite. It's a fact that Indian IT companies have an advantage here and there's nothing wrong in that. The issue is that of getting workers in the US on wages far lower than the local wage rate."
Well at least the Indians add something to the local economy ,i think your just jealous because your not making the $$$ there making or living there life....

Old 06-26-2011, 07:14 AM

50,704 posts, read 36,411,320 times
"The Mexican workers do not speak English, drive without licenses or insurance, bring their children here for us to educate and use our emergency rooms without paying for them."

Exactly...THAT is what the bill is trying to stop...

Old 06-26-2011, 04:58 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,018,863 times
15 million illegals sent back = 15 million jobs for Americans.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:27 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,409 times
Absolutely not - and stop giving them jobs, free health care, free schooling and various forms of state and federal aid and they'll have no reason to stay. Taxpayers are having a hard enough tiime supporting their own without the added burden of illegals.

Menendez and Lautenberg have got to go and not soon enough. They've done enough damage to NJ - it's time we became a conservative state with something we've never had before - real conservative leaders. The rino's we've had in the past were really dem lite and bought into the liberal mindset of the New Jerseyans. Well, that didn't work for anyone - time for a real change

Let's let a real governor lead with the right support.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Absolutely not - and stop giving them jobs, free health care, free schooling and various forms of state and federal aid and they'll have no reason to stay. Taxpayers are having a hard enough tiime supporting their own without the added burden of illegals.

Menendez and Lautenberg have got to go and not soon enough. They've done enough damage to NJ - it's time we became a conservative state with something we've never had before - real conservative leaders. The rino's we've had in the past were really dem lite and bought into the liberal mindset of the New Jerseyans. Well, that didn't work for anyone - time for a real change

Let's let a real governor lead with the right support.
This is unlikely to happen , at least in my lifetime.....we do need a progressive Republican. But both sides pander to illegals...for the Hispanic vote. The Northeast will never let a conservative into a high office , were to liberal and progressive. This isn't the south were there Fear tactics would get them elected so easily , ppl are more wise to that. Hench why several tea party members lost upstate NY elections to Democrats and soft Republicans. The Right's Idea are so far from reality they wouldn't sit well with NJ's. If you don't like NJ leadership , move south.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:06 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Default Bob's judgement on issues is questionable

Bob's judgement is in question as USAG Eric Holder is the light of his eye. Just the man to return America's confidence to the Justice Dept that was so 'tainted' during the Bush Administration.

What other issues demonstrate Bob's incredibly distorted judgement?

"pleased to see a fellow civil rights advocate nominated to lead the Justice Department. Part of Mr. Holder's responsibilities in DOJ will be to restore the agency's focus on protecting our civil rights."

Really?

[CENTER][/CENTER]

"Dear Mr..........:

Thank for you contacting me to express your view on the nomination of Eric Holder for Attorney General in the new Administration. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this vital issue.

It is encouraging to see such a gifted, experienced, and committed leader nominated to become the first African American Attorney General of the United States. I am particularly pleased to see a fellow civil rights advocate nominated to lead the Justice Department. Part of Mr. Holder's responsibilities in DOJ will be to restore the agency's focus on protecting our civil rights.

If confirmed as the next chief U.S. law enforcement officer, Holder will need to win back the public's confidence in the Justice Department. The agency has been tainted by the political agenda of the Bush Administration. U.S. Attorneys were fired if they did not make the political grade and civil rights violations were pursued half-heartedly. This must change in the Obama Administration. I expect the new Attorney General to correct these past problems and steer the agency back to a place of independence.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate your support. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of more assistance. I invite you to visit my website (Robert Menendez - US Senator for New Jersey: Home) to learn of other important issues to New Jersey."

Old 06-27-2011, 08:33 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
I find it amazing that in this poll, 43 people do not support legalizing illegal aliens and only 10 do.

Why, then, is a bill like his being pushed?

We the people are not being properly represented.

Time for some fresh thinking in congress!

Old 06-27-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I find it amazing that in this poll, 43 people do not support legalizing illegal aliens and only 10 do.

Why, then, is a bill like his being pushed?

We the people are not being properly represented.

Time for some fresh thinking in congress!
Well we need to start thinking about Immigration reform , and ppl need to stop ignoring it. We cannot deport 15 Million ppl , thats inhuman ,and will look badly on the US. We can't keep letting ppl in , we need to do something.... I think ppl are scared and Angry , and thats ok , but lets start talking about reform and stop ignoring and fighting the issue. It seems to be the older generations vs the Younger Generations once again and of course the older generations are more active then the younger generations... I do see this changing later this decade and when it does Immigration reform will happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: