Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:37 AM

57 posts, read 266,377 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know the deal with parking at the liberty Science Center and taking the light rail into exchange place? How much is to park at LSC? Is there a wait? Is it safe? How long is the ride in on the light rail? Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 11:03 AM

44 posts, read 163,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njposter View Post
Does anyone know the deal with parking at the liberty Science Center and taking the light rail into exchange place? How much is to park at LSC? Is there a wait? Is it safe? How long is the ride in on the light rail? Thanks,
New Jersey Transit - Home should help you out in terms of parking and such.

As for the other things, it depends. Around 5-7PM o'clock, you definitely get the work crowd gunning from exchange place to LSP (Liberty State Park). There is a security car driving around the lot, so I'd imagine it's safe (else I wouldn't see so many people leaving the rail heading for their cars). As for how long, from LSP to Exchange place it's about 7 minutes...give or take. Hope that helps.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:08 AM

57 posts, read 266,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackofAllTrades View Post
New Jersey Transit - Home should help you out in terms of parking and such.

As for the other things, it depends. Around 5-7PM o'clock, you definitely get the work crowd gunning from exchange place to LSP (Liberty State Park). There is a security car driving around the lot, so I'd imagine it's safe (else I wouldn't see so many people leaving the rail heading for their cars). As for how long, from LSP to Exchange place it's about 7 minutes...give or take. Hope that helps.
Great thanks for the info. I looked on the NJ transit site but did not see anything specific about the parking at LSP. Do you know if there is a wait for parking or first come first serve? If so when does it get full, if ever. Thanks again.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:14 AM

44 posts, read 163,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njposter View Post
Great thanks for the info. I looked on the NJ transit site but did not see anything specific about the parking at LSP. Do you know if there is a wait for parking or first come first serve? If so when does it get full, if ever. Thanks again.
Very good questions indeed. I know that you have to purchase parking from the TVM. I'm not exactly sure how the parking works, but I'd swear it would be on the njtransit site.....which it is.

Go to this site, choose light rail station, hudson bergen light rail and then librerty state park.

New Jersey Transit

Parking Lot Detail

Lot Number: 01
Lot Location: Johnston Ave
Owner: NJ TRANSIT
Phone: 800-772-2222

Capacity
Standard: 1248
ADA: 22

Parking Regulations
Evenings: PARKING ALLOWED
Nights: PARKING ALLOWED
Weekends: PARKING ALLOWED
On-Street: NO PARKING

Fees
Type of Parking: Daily & Permit
Resident: $3/DAY OR $50/MONTH
Non-Resident: $3/DAY OR $50/MONTH

A monthly pass will cost $65 on top of the $50 a month for parking. As to if it ever gets full....I suggest you get there a bit early.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 AM

3 posts, read 21,572 times
$121.50 for monthly light rail ticket and parking.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:13 PM

19 posts, read 88,164 times
I did that commute almost every day last summer. The lot never gets full. You might have to walk a little from the end/corner to the station but you'll find a spot.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:51 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelf View Post
$121.50 for monthly light rail ticket and parking.
Hopefully, the OP has figured out the light rail sometime in the last 5 1/2 years.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:45 PM

Not for the post.....for the forum. When someone is looking here for that info.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:15 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelf View Post
Not for the post.....for the forum. When someone is looking here for that info.
Thanks...cuz I was.

I work in JC, and until Sandy, I took the train to Newark and PATH to Exchange Place OR the train to Hoboken and the LR to Exchange Place. Ever since Sandy, I've been driving in except for once or twice a week when I've taken the train and PATH (no NJCL have been going to Hoboken since then). The train is still slower than normal--there was a lot of repair work to be done on the line--and PATH wasn't all that great. The last time I took the NJT + PATH combo it took an hour and 50 minutes, still 20 over the "normal" time of an hour and 30.

Driving is great, as long as I leave early enough. I get to work in an hour and ten minutes, door to door, and sometimes it's been even less. The problem is that it's more expensive. I've been parking at a $10 lot about four blocks from my office, but I'm thinking of driving to the Liberty Park LR and parking there. It will be less expensive, even though it's still more expensive than the trains.

It's all a trade-off. Time v. money.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 PM

Glad to help. Money can be replaced. Time...Never.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey