Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 12:04 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Or it's possible they enjoy what they do and really care about helping the poor - who can be taken advantage of by SCUMMY LANDLORDS for example. But that high-minded concept would never enter a Randian's skull.
Of course there are. Doesn't mean tax dollars should fund their jobs.

Law sides with tenants.

You have "scummy landlords" and you have "scummy tenants".

Landlord loses 90% of the time, and tenant doesn't even need a lawyer.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:34 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
Except we haven't been generous when times were good. The same people who are complaining now about our social programs complained just as loudly during those good times, and did plenty to fight these programs tooth and nail. Everything for them, nothing for anyone else.

Let's see some of these people refuse their social security or medicare checks when the time comes for them to collect them.
Actually we have been. We have a $14trillion deficit, due in part to our generosity. I have already addressed the SS and Medicare canard.people have no choice but to accept these programs as they ar not given any realistic choice. Very few people can afford to pay SS and Medicare taxes AND save for their retirement so they can refuse these programs.

Republicans are pro choice in this area, while Dems dont want people to be self sufficient.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:54 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
Mr. Guido-Realtor, have you heard of the term "projection"? Where do you read violence in my post? It must be from your inner violent tendencies.
Nice. A racist too. Well done. I see why you post anonymously.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:59 AM

1,726 posts, read 5,861,703 times
Clearly "Sawdustmaker" has NEVER been to a courthouse, where default judgments are entered in 95% of the cases even where the landlord's pleading is defective in more ways than one.

Sorry sawdustmaker, you are clearly a failure as a person, and you lack the ability to reason. If you think low-paid, hard-working, social-welfare-minded public interest attorneys are the reason why people "hate lawyers" you are a delusional troll. I am pretty sure it's the crooked ambulance-chasing, Mike Nifong malicious prosecutor-type attorneys that create disdain for the legal profession. Of course people like you tend to ignore the facts and the rule of law. I bet you also want to take the Casey Anthony verdict into your own hands and exact some vigilante justice too. What is your highest level of education Mr. Sawdustmaker? Did you successfully complete high school?

And you don't speak for most New Jersey residents when you say "find another beach, who cares." Most New Jersey residents feel public beach access and facilities should be improved - something that Chris Christie is allowing individual beach towns to make their own decisions on. Can't allow the less fortunate to come enjoy the public beach after all. They want to make it difficult for anyone but the property owners from the immediate vicinity.

Also, your deep ignorance about our state is alarming. Have you ever been to the agricultural heartland of New Jersey? You do know that very, very few undocumented workers (who you so rudely call "illegals" but I would venture to say that as a person you are an "intolerable") work in the fields. Almost everyone is here on an H2-B Visa. Look that up, as I am sure you do not know what that is.

People like you want to shut down public schools, public libraries, Medicare, want to keep the health insurance companies in business, shut down free legal services, build more prisons, end all welfare - you know what will happen - this country will become worse than Mexico. Worse than Mexico because in spite of their right-wing jerks running their government, Mexican people are inherently good, family-minded people. American people, on the other hand, have been corrupted through decades of corporate policies that have destroyed the family, first and foremost both parents being forced to work full-time and kids being influenced by violent pop culture movies and music. Thank goodness I have dual citizenship and can get the hell out when the proverbial crap hits the fan, since people like you continue to vote and are unlikely to ever change.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:01 AM

1,726 posts, read 5,861,703 times
Marc, the last time I checked, Guidos were not a race. Did you ever graduate from high school?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
Except we haven't been generous when times were good. The same people who are complaining now about our social programs complained just as loudly during those good times, and did plenty to fight these programs tooth and nail. Everything for them, nothing for anyone else.

Let's see some of these people refuse their social security or medicare checks when the time comes for them to collect them.
Even though I have paid thousands and thousands to social security over the years, I would gladly vote for a total repeal and never collect a red cent on the back end. I think it would be good for the future of my country and I would be happy to make the sacrifice.

Social security (if we must have it at all) should be set up like this:

1) Same withholding as now.
2) Money gets deposited in your own private account, like an IRA, and never leaves your possession.
3) You can invest it, under the supervision of a trustee, in anything you want. Stocks, bonds, gold, etc. Basically the same as now with IRA's.
4) THE GOVERNMENT NEVER SEES THE MONEY.
5) The goal of a nest egg for old age is achieved, but without sacrifice, redistribution, misallocation, and other nefarious collectivist side effects.

How about that for a social security "lockbox"? With the individual whose security is at stake holding the only key?

Now THIS is a social program I can get behind!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
Marc, the last time I checked, Guidos were not a race. Did you ever graduate from high school?
Yes, but I know exactly what you meant and exactly how you feel. Why not come out with your true name and address, like I do, instead of hiding under your "tarp"?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:26 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Even though I have paid thousands and thousands to social security over the years, I would gladly vote for a total repeal and never collect a red cent on the back end. I think it would be good for the future of my country and I would be happy to make the sacrifice.

Social security (if we must have it at all) should be set up like this:

1) Same withholding as now.
2) Money gets deposited in your own private account, like an IRA, and never leaves your possession.
3) You can invest it, under the supervision of a trustee, in anything you want. Stocks, bonds, gold, etc. Basically the same as now with IRA's.
4) THE GOVERNMENT NEVER SEES THE MONEY.
5) The goal of a nest egg for old age is achieved, but without sacrifice, redistribution, misallocation, and other nefarious collectivist side effects.

How about that for a social security "lockbox"? With the individual whose security is at stake holding the only key?

Now THIS is a social program I can get behind!
This is what Bush the Dunce pushed for in 2004 and which never got off the ground. See 2008 WORLD ECONOMIC COLLAPSE for further evidence why giving trillions more (we already invest trillions in our 401(k)s with Wall St. firms) to the robber barons is a horribly dangerous idea.

Randians don't get it. Most Americans think some level of baseline health & economic security for all is a GOOD thing. When great-great grandma & grandpa stopped working 100 years ago, if they were lucky they got a pension (most didn't, they just got a "thanks for your years of service" and a watch) and lived in poverty until they died relatively young. So you're offering a return to the grand ol' 1890s, Mark? How very chariable of you!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:58 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
have you ever seen those public defenders in a court? you could find a more professional looking person behind the register at walmart. they have terrible comb overs, cheap suits, bad hygiene, etc. etc. its a joke to look at them.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
This is what Bush the Dunce pushed for in 2004 and which never got off the ground. See 2008 WORLD ECONOMIC COLLAPSE for further evidence why giving trillions more (we already invest trillions in our 401(k)s with Wall St. firms) to the robber barons is a horribly dangerous idea.

Randians don't get it. Most Americans think some level of baseline health & economic security for all is a GOOD thing. When great-great grandma & grandpa stopped working 100 years ago, if they were lucky they got a pension (most didn't, they just got a "thanks for your years of service" and a watch) and lived in poverty until they died relatively young. So you're offering a return to the grand ol' 1890s, Mark? How very chariable of you!
You must have missed it. Grandma and grandpa will have social security under my plan. They will have a lifetime of 15% withholding growing as an annuity with the economy at large while invested in stocks, bonds, and gold.

Imagine it. The typical northern New Jerseyan with a $50,000 income grosses about $4,200 a month. About $600 each and every month would be withheld and placed in their own personal, private, untouchable, social security account. And each and every month that $600 would be automatically invested for the future in stocks, bonds, and gold. Can you imagine the wealth generated from a $600/month annuity for the typical working lifetime of an American? I'll leave the math to an actuary. But the amounts would be staggering. And on any day, I could see where I am at marcpaolelladotsocialsecurityaccountdotgov. How fun would that be? How socially secure would I be feeling? And how fair would that be? And how economically just would that be?

And best of all? This is real, tangible, social security. The two-bit left wing collectivists NEVER GET TO STEAL AND DIVERT THE MONEY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey