Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 02:13 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,044,766 times

Advertisements

Bought some furniture three weeks ago and now we have bedbugs! I'm so angry and this is a nightmare! It came from Bob's discount stores.. SOME DISCOUNT! I think we're just at the beginning stages but we want to nip this
now.

I've had all these quotes from companies but I don't know who is most reliable. I hear horror stories about treatments not working and so on. I've also read about the bed bug sniffing dogs that come to your home and find the exact source and then freeze them out, but it's very pricey.

Has anyone had this problem and had a good company take care of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 02:15 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Did you contact the store about this?

Old 03-09-2011, 02:20 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
As I recall, there was another thread on this subject so try a search. I would Google the problem but they are difficult to get rid of so it might not be the treatment's fault. Have you contacted your local health department for advice and to report Bob's as they need to be shut down until they get rid of their problem. Remember, although, the bugs aren't nice to have around, they aren't really dangerous. Sorry I don't have more to offer. Best of luck to you.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:25 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,044,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Did you contact the store about this?
After I researched this online I found out that many customers have been complaining about this store and bed bugs since 2009. Also from what I read the store has done NOTHING for any of them.

ALl I know is that next time I need furniture I am going to wipe it down, disinfect it, and vacuum before it enters the house.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
After I researched this online I found out that many customers have been complaining about this store and bed bugs since 2009. Also from what I read the store has done NOTHING for any of them.

ALl I know is that next time I need furniture I am going to wipe it down, disinfect it, and vacuum before it enters the house.
It couldn't hurt to call them. Maybe you could get lucky and they will help you out.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:41 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,963,074 times
Wow. I was going to ask you which Bob's Discount, but I just googled this issue and apparently this is a widespread issue with this company. There are Bob's Discount bed bug complaints in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts and obviously NJ. One of the things I read is that they'll take returned mattresses and resell them WITHOUT disinfecting. Another thing I read is that they have a bed bug complaints department and if you call to complain, they'll basically tell you that you can't prove that the bed bugs came from them so you are SOL.

I can't believe this hasn't been on the news. Someone needs to call Help Me Howard or Arnold Diaz.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:02 PM

I'm surprised they haven't been sued.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:19 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
there is a lot involved with this bedbug stuff. Did you read the process? Bagging and washing and throwing out ALL boxsprings and matrettess!!! This is so expensive, the exterminater, leaving the house for so many weeks. ITs A CRIME!!!!!!!They need to be sued. Holy crap I cant believe all the complaints and all the money!!!! Im so sorry!

Old 03-09-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
I'm not a big proponent of suing.. but in this case you should.

Here's a case against Bobs for bed bugs and she won. Apparently Bobs takes away old mattresses, and delivers the new ones in the same trucks..

The Docket » Blog Archive » Bob
I don't think they won the case. Just that it gets sent back down to a lower court. Or something like that.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:37 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,095,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I don't think they won the case. Just that it gets sent back down to a lower court. Or something like that.

You're too quick. lol. I just came back to delete my post when I saw that she didn't win...

yet..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey