Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 09:40 AM

57 posts, read 266,581 times

Advertisements

I would like to get some recommendations on a move within NJ. I have been trying to find a good reputable movers and have searched the web. The amount of info and the review (which are all over the place) are making my head spin. Any real world, recent experiences would be welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 12:21 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,944,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njposter View Post
I would like to get some recommendations on a move within NJ. I have been trying to find a good reputable movers and have searched the web. The amount of info and the review (which are all over the place) are making my head spin. Any real world, recent experiences would be welcome.
Yep, you have to be careful. Moving companies might the scummiest industry out there. Check out the site movingscam.com. They have a wealth of information. The best is the forums which have pages dedicated to each state. All moving companies in that state are listed with all of their info / how long they have been in business / previous names etc. They are rated by people who have used them. Also, there is a "black list" of places to never use.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:28 PM

11,366 posts, read 16,743,076 times
I would highly recommend Chatham Movers 973 635-7100.

Family owned for over 90 years.

Ask for Craig and tell him Mark from the bank referred you.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:10 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,911,804 times
Thumbs down Avoid

Avoid Twin Oaks.
Found out later that they were very Over priced & when I video taped the actual movers, a few hid their faces most likely due to outstanding warrents. They broke & damaged much of my belongings then only gave me minimal funds to cover the cost.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:53 AM

1,289 posts, read 6,102,591 times
Whoever you go with, just make sure they have insurance because if they damage anything, you do not want to be left holding the bill.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:38 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,818,162 times
Mover's insurance will only give you a small amount per pound. It will not be enough to replace your items. Your homeowner's insurance may cover losses. You should also check for complaints with BBB.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:36 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,484,782 times
I just used Applegate Movers in Manasquan for my move from NJ to AZ, and they were fantastic. Fair price, my stuff was in good condition, and he was actually at my place waiting for me when I got there! My parents have used them several times, too, for local moves and were very satisfied. DM me if you want their number.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:41 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,295,707 times
Wade-Odell Movers is one of the top rated NJ moving companies. Do a google search and find some of the moving websites. I checked them out and got solid, top notch reports on them. Very professional, very attentive and a real pleasure to work with.

My move was a NJ/NJ move, about 25 miles or so. Good luck.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:23 AM

61 posts, read 240,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njposter View Post
I used Simonik Moving and Storage out of Bridgewater for my move to NC. I had my stuff in storage with them for a few months and received everything in good condition.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 3,455 times
Do Not Use A. Professional Movers. They were horrible, the price they had us pay was double what was quoted, they took an hour longer than us to get to the same destination(we left at the same time), and they caused significant damage to the walls and ceiling our new home. Three months later they still have not come back to fix it, despite almost daily calls to their offices and empty promises on their part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey