Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 11:59 AM

50,489 posts, read 36,126,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Christie doesn't like teachers or schools, and has made his position on gay marriage crystal clear. But medical marijuana gets his nod of approval. I must say, I don't think New York's Governor Andrew Cuomo is the biggest bargain in the store...but I'm glad we've got him and not Christie.
I admit I'm not a Christie fan, but I don't see what medical marijuana has to do with those other issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 09:24 PM

807 posts, read 1,029,640 times
Christie was against medical marijuana from the get go, he did all he could to delay the implementation. But his polls are dropping like a rock after he stuck it to the working class of the state with his vetoes, so he had to do something to make himself look less evil. I saw him on the news pretending to be compassionate towards those that really need the relief that marijuana provides, saying he hopes it all gets rolling by the end of the year. What a phoney. This has been delayed for over a year.

As for a national program legalizing medical marijuana, you can bet the pharm lobby is working overtime to see that never happens. They stand to lose a fortune when people realize they don't need any of the highly addictive prescription drugs they manufacture. People can just grow some marijuana in their backyard for pennies that do everything prescription drugs can do with none of the negative effects. Pharm companies know this. Can't sleep, smoke a joint. High anxiety, smoke a joint. Nausea, smoke a joint. Mild pain, smoke a joint. Side effects, none. Addictive, not. People overdosing, never. Pharmacies being robbed and people murdered, not going to happen anymore.

One of these days this country will start doing what is right for the people and society instead of just doing what fills the pockets of the wealthy. And if you're in the camp that thinks marijuana is a 'gateway' drug and that nonsense, you would have to agree to ban alcohol and tobacco as well. It is fact that alcohol and tobacco are far more destructive and addictive than marijuana.

Source: The Lancet, Medical Journal

Drug - Psychological Dependence - Physical Dependence

Heroin - 3.0 - 2.9
Cocaine - 2.8 - 1.3
Tobacco- 2.6 - 3.0
Barbiturates - 2.2 - 1.8
Benzodiazepines - 2.1 - 1.8
Alcohol - 1.9 - 1.6
Amphetamines - 1.9 - 1.1
Cannabis - 1.7 - 0.8

Old 07-22-2011, 05:57 AM

18,432 posts, read 15,184,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I must say, I don't think New York's Governor Andrew Cuomo is the biggest bargain in the store...but I'm glad we've got him and not Christie.
You better watch out, if he keeps copying Christie's every move like he has been, the only difference between the two will be the letter that comes after their names.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:02 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,582,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred44 View Post
Christie was against medical marijuana from the get go, he did all he could to delay the implementation. But his polls are dropping like a rock after he stuck it to the working class of the state with his vetoes, so he had to do something to make himself look less evil. I saw him on the news pretending to be compassionate towards those that really need the relief that marijuana provides, saying he hopes it all gets rolling by the end of the year. What a phoney. This has been delayed for over a year.
lol, yeah, he really stuck it to the working class of this state.

I don't doubt that he was apprehensive about medical marijuana, but the fact remains that the Fed could arrest and prosecute anyone involved in the states medical marijuana program. The risk of them actually doing so had to be weighed. The Fed won't 100% guarantee they won't, but he did receive assurances that NJ's program as designed wouldn't be an issue.

As for the rest of your post, I agree with the point you are trying to make. I think it should be legalized, controlled and taxed just the same as alcohol and tobacco.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:37 AM

50,489 posts, read 36,126,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
lol, yeah, he really stuck it to the working class of this state.

I don't doubt that he was apprehensive about medical marijuana, but the fact remains that the Fed could arrest and prosecute anyone involved in the states medical marijuana program. The risk of them actually doing so had to be weighed. The Fed won't 100% guarantee they won't, but he did receive assurances that NJ's program as designed wouldn't be an issue.

As for the rest of your post, I agree with the point you are trying to make. I think it should be legalized, controlled and taxed just the same as alcohol and tobacco.
I do think he wasn't greatly in favor of it and made it very restrictive (if Corzine didnt sign it into law I doubt Christie would have initiated it) BUT the bust by the feds part is true, I saw a documentary that included California's medical marijuana facilities, and they get busted by the feds on a routine basis (although they get released without consequences in the end BUT their stock gets confiscated and kept by the feds). It's like they (the feds) just do it to be a nuisance to them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: