U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 08:41 PM

421 posts, read 393,883 times

Advertisements

This was a fav place of ours to go and Beemerville is a quaint, beautiful town..
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/map/nj.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2006, 12:11 AM

3,297 posts, read 5,828,020 times
Default Space Farms' Civil War artifacts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
This was a fav place of ours to go and Beemerville is a quaint, beautiful town..
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/map/nj.html
I passed through there today on my way up to Dingmans Falls, Pa. Yes, Beemerville is a quaint town. I love Space Farms' Civil War artifacts.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:56 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,014,064 times
I take my kids to Space Farms and my parents took me there (it hasn't even changed since then!!). It is a great place to spend a day, we even pack a picnic lunch and it's such a great drive.

Another thing we like to do is go up by the Delaware Water Gap. Sometimes we go for a picnic (although they've been closing some of the picnic areas down)...but we also go up there to drive all of the backroads and explore...it's a great place to go on a late saturday or for a sunday drive.

There's more to do in Jersey than we sometimes realize (that, I will at least give Jersey credit for)...we have great gardens up in the Ringwood area, mountains, museums of all kinds, beaches, waterparks, hiking trails, state parks and forests, campgrounds...you get the picture.

Piece of advice...I own the guide for NJ Day Trips...get it, it's a good book to invest in!!

Old 09-07-2006, 10:00 PM

Ps. The only place I really have no desire to ever see again (and I hope my kids don't want me to take them there) is Great Adventure....I loathe it.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:12 AM

421 posts, read 393,883 times
Default Nj

NJ has it's beautiful places, granted. But when you total what's wrong, the beautiful places don't matter one single bit.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:37 AM

I have to disagree with you for one reason....some of us are stuck here for now. There are a lot sentimental reasons that I have for staying in Jersey, however, the only one that's REALLY keeping me here is a job/money. My husband and I are looking into eventually getting out of Jersey and raising our kids in a healthier, less congested state, to say the least. However, while one is living here, there are many things to enjoy and appreciate (I was born and raised here...although I've seen the deterioration, I've also experienced the "nice" things for years). Although CorruptNJ has been much more vehement than a lot of us, he is correct...there's a lot going on here that's not good (and yes, I'm sure every state has that). But if we don't appreciate NJ for the good the state does have, then how can we ever hope to change or "delete" the bad. It's not all bad, maybe people should try to see that and hopefully start rebuilding its future. Until we can make a change for this state, or until I move, whichever comes first, I do plan to enjoy what decent qualities it has.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:21 PM

3,376 posts, read 13,326,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
I have to disagree with you for one reason....some of us are stuck here for now. There are a lot sentimental reasons that I have for staying in Jersey, however, the only one that's REALLY keeping me here is a job/money. My husband and I are looking into eventually getting out of Jersey and raising our kids in a healthier, less congested state, to say the least. However, while one is living here, there are many things to enjoy and appreciate (I was born and raised here...although I've seen the deterioration, I've also experienced the "nice" things for years). Although CorruptNJ has been much more vehement than a lot of us, he is correct...there's a lot going on here that's not good (and yes, I'm sure every state has that). But if we don't appreciate NJ for the good the state does have, then how can we ever hope to change or "delete" the bad. It's not all bad, maybe people should try to see that and hopefully start rebuilding its future. Until we can make a change for this state, or until I move, whichever comes first, I do plan to enjoy what decent qualities it has.
Obviously you did not go to Great Adventure awareness school. There are 3 simple rules to follow when visiting the park. Rule #1, when you pull in off of 537 and look up into the lot and see a sea of yellow (as in school buses) you simply take the bypass road and head straight out. Rule #2 if you make it into the parking area and see rows and rows of cars with Statue Of Liberty license plates it is also time to leave. Rule #3 refer to rules #1 and 2!

Old 09-08-2006, 03:19 PM

502 posts, read 2,194,110 times
Well I looooooooooove Great Adventures. Love the rides. I just try to go in the middle of the week when kids are in school. It is worth taking a vacation day for this. If you go on the weekend you not gonna have a whole lot of fun. You'll spend all day standing in lines and feeling destroyed at the end of the day.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:32 PM

I agree with Exhdo1.....I simply hate the place though. Haven't been there in years, however, the last time was as horrible as the others (although I always tried to give the benefit of the doubt). First of all, why would you pay $5 for a soda and $10 for a burger that looks and tastes like a hockey puck? Lastly, I do not enjoy standing on line for two hours to go on a 2-1/2 minute ride (except you get a nice tan from all the waiting). Lastly, I'm not prejudice, however, it's like the united nations there. It's so overcrowded and everybody's screaming at each other in the own language, I start to feel slightly schizofrenic from it. The safaris is definitely fun because I love animals....however, I do not appreciate a group of baboons tearing the back of my car to shreds. The rides...I'm done with my rollercoaster days but they were fun (when there wasn't someone getting killed on them). I just hate it there...rather go to the boardwalk or spend the time and money on disney.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:44 PM

4,321 posts, read 13,865,397 times
Hello,

For years I would buy a seasons pass to Great Adventure and really enjoyed it. If you live close enough and can take off during the week it's not that bad but I wouldn't eat in there. I always ate right before I went in, had a just a snack while in there and then stop at a restaurant on the way home. Also, you can go at night for something to do such as just play games, enjoy the shows and the lines are not long at all. The last two years I started going to Dorney Park, I know it's not NJ but I like all the water rides there.

Other nice places to visit:
Island Beach State Park and
Smithville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey