Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,972,195 times

Advertisements

Tomorrow morning I have an appointment in Lafayette (Route 94) at 9 AM.

How is the traffic between 8 AM and 9 AM on the following roads:

Sussex Ave. to --
Millbrook Ave. to Morris St. going through downtown Dover to --
Route 15 to --
Route 94?

On the one hand, these all look like local roads, and as such, I would expect to not be able to drive very fast...especially if these are busy roads with lots of volume.

On the other hand, my other option is to go out of my way to get to 287 (northbound )and 80 (westbound) which, I imagine, is chock full of traffic between 8 AM to 9 AM.

Then again, regardless of whether I take local roads or major highways, I assume I will be going AGAINST the rush hour flow, i.e., most folks will be driving south and east towards NYC and NYC metro suburbs, while I will be driving north and west into what looks like the boonies.

What say you?

Take the local roads or the highways?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 11:05 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,609,714 times
That time of the morning you should be going against the rush hour traffic. Evil demon racist censor Schnoogle maps suggests its about 45 minutes. Once you hit 15 N of 80 its fairly open highway.

Sussex Ave, Morristown, NJ to Lafayette, NJ - Google Maps

Old 08-10-2011, 01:52 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,972,195 times
Hey, thanks captne76! You were right, there was no traffic for me going against rush hour traffic. Slowed down a little when I had to go through downtown Dover, but that was to be expected.

All in all, a pretty pleasant drive. Route 15 is interesting. It's goes from being a regular street to a freeway and then back to being a country lane. Up towards Sparta and Lafayette is really pretty. I've only been up that way a handful of times. Should do it more often. This 'city-ot' was excited to see the farms and barns and bales of hay.

Random note: I saw an open Pathmark up that way that seemed to be doing a fairly good amount of business, even though it was in the middle of nowhere. I thought they had all gone out of business. At least, the Livingston and Whippany ones are kaput.

LOL @ Schnoogle maps. Luckily, this time, they were accurate. Last week it told me to make a left turn into a warehouse.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:09 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,609,714 times
That Pathmark is close to Lake Hopatcong, which has a lot of residents nearby and probably one of the few supermarkets up that way and is also on the highway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey