Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 12:43 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times

Advertisements

This is the internet, and it's a NJ forum. Have you been to NJ......lol?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 12:46 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
She once had a sophomore threaten to whip it out and pee on the floor because she wouldn't let him go to the bathroom (he asks everyday at the same time and comes back reeking of cigarettes)-that's the only one that comes to mind immediately
haha thats funny because i do that all the time!

i actually enjoy funny stories and would love to hear more. however, i think your perception of me, even my online "tough guy" persona, isnt accurate. i never want to give the impression of being a tough guy because i hate physical violence. maybe mentally tough because nothing bothers me, but not physically tough. i also dont look to hurt people or anger them, just disagree with them. but i understand people are often more sensitive than i am so it bothers them. im going to put a general apology in my profile for those people so im ok from now on.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:01 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,974,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
haha thats funny because i do that all the time!

i actually enjoy funny stories and would love to hear more. however, i think your perception of me, even my online "tough guy" persona, isnt accurate. i never want to give the impression of being a tough guy because i hate physical violence. maybe mentally tough because nothing bothers me, but not physically tough. i also dont look to hurt people or anger them, just disagree with them. but i understand people are often more sensitive than i am so it bothers them. im going to put a general apology in my profile for those people so im ok from now on.
This kind of like being an outside observer of some kind of weird human zoo...lol

Old 08-29-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
This kind of like being an outside observer of some kind of weird human zoo...lol
outside observer?

Old 08-29-2011, 01:23 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,963,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
I am not a babysitter. I try to keep it loose around here because I think people on the new jersey section are generally helpful and nice to each other.
I fully support this (even though you once gave me an infraction for inappropriate language that hurt CaptainNJ's feelings ).

Over moderation and micro managing discussions stifles a forum. I'd rather have a forum that has a wide range of attitudes, personalities, view points, opinions and tones (even if some of them are unpleasant or rub me the wrong way), rather than a sterile forum that is over policed. I think the moderation here is just fine.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
I fully support this (even though you once gave me an infraction for inappropriate language that hurt CaptainNJ's feelings ).
captainnj does not like profanities.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:35 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,963,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
captainnj does not like profanities.
Haha, ok, ok. You have my apologies. Truce for now then, Capt. But only because you suckered me with those pics of your adorable child (and dog in the pet forum). But I make no promises for future exchanges. I'll just take my infractions like a man.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
Haha, ok, ok. You have my apologies. Truce for now then, Capt. But only because you suckered me with those pics of your adorable child (and dog in the pet forum). But I make no promises for future exchanges. I'll just take my infractions like a man.
im sure i have more infractions than you. i really hold no hard feelings with anyone i disagree with. i wasnt happy that PDD chose to attack my home town, but im sure she regrets that so im going to pretend it didnt happen. you are ok in my book.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:57 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
I am not a babysitter. I try to keep it loose around here because I think people on the new jersey section are generally helpful and nice to each other.
Yes, they are. Usually it's a good idea, online and in real life, to do a little self-examination if everyone is reacting to you the same way. It might not be all those other people.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:23 PM

279 posts, read 1,086,138 times
Quote:
Well sure, I mean if you saw a post about someone's 90 year old mother getting hit by a car while crossing the street, surely you'd make some kind of remark like "what was she doing crossing the street at 90 years old?", or "maybe she should move faster!" It has no substantive value, you just enjoy getting a reaction out of folks. My wife is a high school teacher so I hear funny stories about people like you frequently.

That was my point. I am of the mindset that you don't know what kind of nuts there are in this world, so if there's no really good reason to rattle someone's cage, you ought not to. My brother used to be fond of giving people the finger when someone would cut him off, tailgate him, etc...until he did it once and the guy tried to get him to get out of his car and fight at the next stop light. Never give a lunatic a reason to single you out.
I've always thought this. I see many people on the road with no regard to right of way. I love the young girls who give the finger with their window open, smoking a cigarette because you honk at them for cutting you off! I have gotten out of a car a few times after a guy mouthed off or gave me the bird...funny how many people out there are quick to offend but afraid to defend. My ultimate wish is to drive a big truck with no license plates and have someone cut me off just so I can SMASH the rear of their car FUBAR!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey