Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 05:08 PM

4 posts, read 10,537 times

Advertisements

Hello people,

This is Nan. We are a young family with a 7 month old, looking out for a single family home.

Can someone here please advice about east brunswick - Schools, Crime, community etc? We got a beautiful home listed few blocks off olive garden in Rt18 in Rues lane. How is the community there?

Also, anyone know of any developments in North brunswick?

Thanks so much for all your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 12:01 AM

1,289 posts, read 6,098,143 times
East Brunswick is overall a very quiet town with an excellent school system. The location near the Olive Garden is a nice section of East Brunswick. There really is a "bad" section of East Brunswick just different income demograpics. The area that you are speaking of is mainly made up of homes in the $250,000 - $400,000 price range on average. It is very quiet there and you are also close to elementary schools and not too far from the Middle School, Junior High School, and High School. If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01 View Post
East Brunswick is overall a very quiet town with an excellent school system. The location near the Olive Garden is a nice section of East Brunswick. There really is a "bad" section of East Brunswick just different income demograpics. The area that you are speaking of is mainly made up of homes in the $250,000 - $400,000 price range on average. It is very quiet there and you are also close to elementary schools and not too far from the Middle School, Junior High School, and High School. If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate.
Thanks much for your advice... That is really helpful, actually the place is across olive garden... We need to cross rt.18 to the other side... Are those areas safe as well..

Ok bad as in low income you mean??? Got it...

Again, thanks so much... I have an idea now...

What about Kendall park, princeton gate and dayton, the summerfield community??? Can yo please advice on those places???

Old 09-05-2011, 03:32 PM

1,184 posts, read 4,044,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmomhere View Post
What about Kendall park, princeton gate and dayton, the summerfield community??? Can yo please advice on those places???
Kendall Park and Dayton are both part of South Brunswick Township.

Princeton Gate is part of the larger "Princeton Walk" development that was built by K Hovanian in the 1990's, IIRC. Summerfield was built by Sharbel Development Corp. in the late 1990's.

As one of the original buyers into Summerfield, I know a lot more about it than I do Princeton Gate. So...

The Summerfield development is a mixed group of single family homes and townhouses that are bisected by Rt. 522. Georges Road bounds the western side of the development. The rest of the development is bounded by a small forest.

Ground was broken for Summerfield in late 1995 with the major building of the homes and townhomes between 1996 and 2000. The development is The townhouses located on Dahlia Circle, Crocus Court, and Blossom Circle are managed through a Homeowner's Association (HOA). The single family homes do not have a HOA. Almost all of the units (single family or townhouses) are well constructed. However, there are several single family houses and townhouses have that have had problems with pinholes developing in the water pipes throughout the house so if you do decide to buy in, make certain the house inspector checks on the pipes.

Residents are a broad range of nationalities, races, creeds, with a variety of jobs. There are numerous young families throughout the development with many children under the age of seven.

Within the townhouse complex there are two playgrounds as well as a pool and club house. Please note, however, the pool is not huge by any stretch, nor is the club house. In the single family house area near George Road, there is a baseball field which many of the Indian men will use for cricket games on weekends. On the other side of Rt. 522, there are tennis courts.

At the corner of Rt. 522 and Summerfield Blvd. is a small shopping center that contains a Stop N Shop for groceries, Giuseppe's Pizza and Italian Restaurant, China Star Chinese Restaurant, a nail salon, liquor store and Bank of America. Bluntly, I only use Stop N Shop for the pharmacy as I prefer ShopRite in North Brunswick on Rt. 130 for most of my shopping.

I hope this gives you a start. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:06 PM

Wow, thank so much.... Very very helpful... Can't thanks you enough for all the information. I will definitely have it in my list. Thanks again :-)

Also got a very good offer in Robbinsville. The description says, Excellent schools with our state of the art High School. Is it true? What about elementary and middle schools?

I know am asking so much questions, but very scared to move to a place that we might regret later...

Old 09-07-2011, 09:29 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,053,778 times
We have friends who sent their kid to Sharon Elementery and Pond Road Middle Schools, they loved the schools.
Since then, Robbinsville has grown quite a bit and these schools are quite overcrowded http://www.otteau.com/pdfs%5Carticle...evelopment.pdf

The schools are still well rated and regarded.

Robbinsville built their 1st high school in 2005 and it appears to be performing well (109 out of 322 in 2010 NJ Monthly...for what that's worth).

20 years ago, Robbinsville was mostly farm land. They have handled their explosive growth quite well (IMHO).

The Superintendent of the Robbinsville School District is Steven Mayer, he came from the well regarded WW-P district.

Good Luck with your search!

Old 10-01-2011, 12:51 PM

Thanks so much everyone. We have been looking at houses for couple of weeks now. We like a house in paddington park off rt.27. Its few blocks off franklin memorial i think. Can anyone please give me any info on that area. How is rt.27 in that stretch? Thanks much for your advice and help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey