Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 07:18 AM

5 posts, read 27,347 times

Advertisements

Need your opinion and/or concerns on the following towns:

Blackwood,nj
Stratford,nj
Bellmawr,nj
Magnolia,nj
Runnemede,nj
Barrington,nj

We moved to NJ last week and we've never been here before. We are looking at houses for sale in the towns listed above. I tried to google info on these towns and I couldn't find anything not even in city data posts. I want to live in a safe town that has everyday needed things like grocery stores,maybe a mall or shops, restaurants, hospital, etc. Were having a baby next year so schools are now also a concern.
We went thru a few towns I really did NOT like such as Willingboro,Burlington, sommerdale, etc. All these areas were pretty run down, locals look sketchy,and there were a lot of boarded up buildings n stuff.

Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 08:40 AM

360 posts, read 1,019,264 times
You're better off asking this on the South Jersey (Philly burbs) subforum

Old 09-08-2011, 09:50 AM

5 posts, read 27,347 times
All I seen was the new jersey category to post I didn't see regions. I'll try elsewhere I guess.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:57 AM

861 posts, read 2,717,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower7 View Post
You're better off asking this on the South Jersey (Philly burbs) subforum
Definitely this. Here is the link to it:
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...-philadelphia/

Old 02-05-2014, 06:30 PM

52 posts, read 251,919 times
Blackwood area is good area so is runnemede, glen oaks, valleybrook.

Most of camden county is decent and its schools are too. The places you want to veer away from are camden, lindenwold, sicklerville section of winslow twp, erial part of gloucester township near apartments etc.

If you stay in blackwood theres
loring flemming elementary
chews landing elementary
blackwood elementary
gloucester twp school

if you stay in erial theres
james j lilley elementary
erial school
and several others

avoid
winslow twp schools
lindenwold schools
pine hill schools
clementon- however realize that parts of gloucester twp has a clementon zip code having a clementon zip code and living in clementon are two entirely different things. What type of budget were you looking at. I would suggest glen oaks neighborhood its right near gloucester township police station and is relatively safe. Blackwood is overall a safe community. Yes parts of blackwood has apartments but every town in nj has apartments. My suggestion you should pick between glen oaks, chews landing area,

its important to note that some areas of gloucester twp has laurel spring and clementon mailing addresses despite not being in clementon. Gloucester twp is a really safe community.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:38 PM

516 posts, read 1,616,747 times
Of those listed, most definitely Barrington. It has a small, quaint school district and some quality people.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:39 PM

516 posts, read 1,616,747 times
Post this in the South Jersey forum for additional opinions.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:42 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Since it's been more than two years, I'm betting the OP found a place by now.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:12 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,029,253 times
Wait, people are afraid of apartments and/or the people who live in them? I didn't know I was such a risk. I mean I'll call you out for being an inconsiderate neighbor and doing something that negatively affects other people on the block, but don't be scared. I'll only put a shovel through your car's windshield if I REALLY need to!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey