Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 08:57 AM

4 posts, read 3,980 times

Advertisements

I am coming from Turnpike South, then heading to GSP to exit 131 to Rt. 27 to Grove Street. Does Route 27 flood is it safe to drive. I just want to know so if I need to leave early and take detours.

When I leave I will take Route 27 and then heading to GSP North.

Any help appreciated as I must be at this meeting but if it will be flooded I need to know so I can go to another location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 AM

any help. I am worried but do not know if I should be. is route 27 considered it?

Old 09-08-2011, 10:51 AM

1,184 posts, read 4,029,168 times
I have not heard there are problems around the high school. However, given the problem that is the GSP with any type of rain, I would suggest giving yourself some extra time, if not for flooding then for traffic. Exit 131 is a Metro Park which is a major train station along the Northeast Corridor and also home to numerous office buildings.

Route 27 is high up along the portion you would be taking that flooding should not be an issue, except at Parsonage Road (maybe). Grove Avenue should also be okay as the area around the high school only floods with truly torrential rains.

So far Middlesex County has been dry since about 7:30 AM today, 9/8/11.

Just to be on the safe side, you may want to give them a call directly to see if they know of anything around their area. Phone: 732-321-8744.

Hope this helps a bit.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNYYfan View Post
I have not heard there are problems around the high school. However, given the problem that is the GSP with any type of rain, I would suggest giving yourself some extra time, if not for flooding then for traffic. Exit 131 is a Metro Park which is a major train station along the Northeast Corridor and also home to numerous office buildings.

Route 27 is high up along the portion you would be taking that flooding should not be an issue, except at Parsonage Road (maybe). Grove Avenue should also be okay as the area around the high school only floods with truly torrential rains.

So far Middlesex County has been dry since about 7:30 AM today, 9/8/11.

Just to be on the safe side, you may want to give them a call directly to see if they know of anything around their area. Phone: 732-321-8744.

Hope this helps a bit.
'

thanks. I am really nervous

Old 09-08-2011, 11:30 AM

5,766 posts, read 16,494,290 times
NJ 27 seems high and dry as the other person said and it doesn't seem to be raining much today so far.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:37 AM

1,184 posts, read 4,029,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseyisgood View Post
'

thanks. I am really nervous
About the drive or the meeting?

Seriously, the area is safe. If anything, I would only be slightly concerned about the traffic. FWIW, you may want to check out 511nj.org :: Home for information on the traffic conditions as you get closer to the time when you are leaving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey