Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 01:23 PM

26 posts, read 172,035 times

Advertisements

Wow! People Must really Dislike Nj! But what are your options?

Nj ain't really that bad is it? Well Besides the housing market! What do you hate so much about nj.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 01:50 PM

29 posts, read 286,966 times
EVERYTHING!!!!! The bad attitudes, the New Yorkers that have taken over most of the northern and central areas, the taxes, the traffic, the cost of living and lack of care from the local governments, the cops who pull you over for being hot and then give you ten tickets when you wont take him up on his advances. I moved 6,000 miles away to Hawaii to get away from that nasty place. Now, half of NJ has infected Florida so Florida is getting on my list with NJ.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:58 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
I quite honestly like New Jersey. The people in the Garden State all hate me for seemingly no reason, and motorists there are arrogant and refuse to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalks, but overall it's not a bad state. When you cross the Delaware River via I-80 into the Knowlton Township/Columbia area, it's like an extension of the beauty of the Poconos. Then you have the shore and the close proximity to NYC and Philly, as well as all of the great little restaurants (like Hot Dog Johnny's!!!) and Princeton University.

Thus far I've done one photo tour of Hackettstown, which disappointed me a LOT after it was hyped up a few years ago as one of the best places to live in America by Money Magazine (I've visited many towns in PA that were much nicer, so I no longer put any faith into their rankings). I also plan to head back to NJ soon to do a photo tour of Newton, which looks to be quite nice from Google Earth. Belvidere and the areas around Lake Hopatcong are also on my to-do list.

If I didn't have my heart set on living in Scranton, PA to raise my family and establish my firm, I'd gladly consider living in Princeton so I could be equidistant from Philly or NYC.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:09 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguynj View Post

Nj ain't really that bad is it? Well Besides the housing market! What do you hate so much about nj.
NJ isn't that bad at all. But the negatives of this state can potentially be much WORSE than they are. But only time will tell

Old 08-18-2007, 10:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,407 times
Quote:

Well of course being a woman from NJ im going to say it definitely not as bad as people make it out to be. People just go by hearsay and nothing more.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:00 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
I agree Lambert, add to the list, pollution, constant building on every piece of land for a townhouse or mcmansion, all the unions, all the immigrants who can't speak english, the list goes on and on. yes it is that bad and was once a great place.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:08 AM

66 posts, read 339,908 times
New Jersey seems to be a place people love to hate. I refuse to go along with the crowd.

I love New Jersey. Sure, parts of it are crowded, but people tend to congregate in places that have things to offer. Plenty of room in Western North Dakota ...

Sure, parts of New Jersey are gritty, but go a mile away, and grit can turn to gorgeous.

The variety of experiences, landscapes and cultures available in New Jersey are unrivalled in most other places.

I also fail to see how 8 million people could be dismissed as unfriendly. Give people a chance, by being friendly first!

I have spent a lot of time in New Jersey, and would happily move there if I could. If you hate New Jersey, leave it, and make room for someone else!

Old 08-19-2007, 05:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,397 times
Default Is Nj Really That Bad?

As a regular visitor to the Somerset Hills from Europe, I rate it as an undiscovered paradise.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:09 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:

you can substitute NJ with any of the 49 states, and change housing market to whatever the local ailment is in that particular region.

for instance:
======

Wow! People Must really Dislike FL! But what are your options?

FL ain't really that bad is it? Well Besides the collapsing housing market, low wages and high taxes! What do you hate so much about FL?

===

or

Wow! People Must really Dislike SoCal! But what are your options?

SoCal ain't really that bad is it? Well Besides the traffic, illegals and outrageous housing costs! What do you hate so much about SoCal?

====

Old 08-19-2007, 09:08 PM

562 posts, read 2,615,271 times
what he said!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conovercourt View Post
New Jersey seems to be a place people love to hate. I refuse to go along with the crowd.

I love New Jersey. Sure, parts of it are crowded, but people tend to congregate in places that have things to offer. Plenty of room in Western North Dakota ...

Sure, parts of New Jersey are gritty, but go a mile away, and grit can turn to gorgeous.

The variety of experiences, landscapes and cultures available in New Jersey are unrivalled in most other places.

I also fail to see how 8 million people could be dismissed as unfriendly. Give people a chance, by being friendly first!

I have spent a lot of time in New Jersey, and would happily move there if I could. If you hate New Jersey, leave it, and make room for someone else!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey