Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Video showing the famous people from New Jersey, high cost of living, high taxes, pollution, but Jersey still a great state to be part of, Jersey not only state with problems

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 12:19 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corruptnj View Post
If you do not want to hear it do not read it! It's a pretty simple solution.

The one vendor who charged $300,000 to remove a virus was paid a total of over $35,000,000. for their services. This is just one vendor doing business with one state agency.

Keep raising taxes! The corrupt deserve to be paid too!
We heard it and we get the point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2006, 12:36 PM

86 posts, read 275,844 times
I really do not care what any of you say about Florida.

I also do not care what you say about NJ.

BobKovacs is more than likely related to a construction firm in NJ doing business with the State. Diamond. If so it is probably why he trippled his income. Do I care? No.

It's your tax dollars the State can not seem to get enough of.

It's your State allowing you to be exposed to toxins.

It's your State who secretly makes deals to build schools on 200 toxic waste sites. Even uranium sites.

I do not care if you choose to ignore these things, it's your problem.

You can keep ignoring it and keep paying for it for all I care.

It is the people who do care that I want to inform.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:09 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,927,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
You are not aware that NJ lives under a toxic cloud? That NJ has the most cases of childhood lukemea? That there is acid rain? That there is buried toxic waste? That there is so much bacteria in the rivers that scientists from all over the world go there to collect samples? Yet and still you pay enormous taxes for this?

Perhaps, BUT we also have pork roll, zeppoles, Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen and that makes everything better Plus-we have the Jersey Turnpike, I-95-the glorious "yellow brick road" that will bring you right on out of Jersey to the Oz of your choice right down the east coast. Feel free to use it anytime

I may leave soon because of taxes and such, but Jersey will always be home to me. It makes me a little sad that I may have to go.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,042 times
I lived in NJ for 26 years before moving due to work. I LOVED IT. Yeah, sure, insurance is expensive, real estate is high, but you know what, I grew up in a NICE middle-class primarily irish community where everyone watched everyone's kids, we all swam in each others pools, we had big gatherings at our houses for BBQ's. No,its not fantasy land. Its Port Monmouth. And no, I didn't grow up high class. Just a kid. And by the way, I don't have cancer, nor does anyone I grew up with in my neighborhood. We played outside without parents being present (it was that kind of neighborhood). I think that people way misjudge the state that I grew up in and love and hopefully will move back to so my children get the benefit of it.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:03 PM

543 posts, read 1,455,991 times
Hey guys, I'm lovin your responses to Corrupt Troll, especially yours Bob. IMO this guy should be removed by the moderator, his turning of every thread to his agenda is tantamount to harrassment on this forum! Anyone agree with me here?

Old 09-07-2006, 07:10 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corruptnj View Post

BobKovacs is more than likely related to a construction firm in NJ doing business with the State. Diamond. If so it is probably why he trippled his income. Do I care? No.
Dang- you found me out...lol. Funny, because I actually do work for a construction company, but we don't do any state work, so you're wrong there.

I tripled my income by making the decision to improve myself, determining what training I needed to do so, getting that training, and taking positions of greater responsibility. This is the exact opposite of so many who think the government "owes" them something, and can always find something or someone to blame for why they are where they are in life.

Bob

Old 09-07-2006, 07:42 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Sorry, Corrupt, but while I normally applaud you for sticking up for your beliefs and trying to open the eyes of others to political corruption, I must agree this time with your detractors. Political corruption occurs EVERYWHERE---Come to PA (Where many people from NJ come to "play" while calling us "dirty redneck hicks") and attend a local public school board meeting, where you'll see so much ruffling of papers, whispering amongst board members, secret hirings of board members' relatives, etc. to make your stomach turn inside out! My Spanish professor at King's College formerly lived in Minot, North Dakota, and she said that the political corruption in Minot made the corruption in Scranton look like child's play! Let's not forget about the "corruption" in both FL and OH that gave an idiot a chance to be our president TWICE, leading our nation into an unjust war against a nation with NO direct involvement in 9/11, but I digress (I shouldn't tell people I'm a Moderate Democrat on what seems to be a largely Conservative Republican forum anyways! YIKES! LOL!)

Corrupt, I admire you taking action to expose these cronies, but I now think it's time that you started "preaching" to an audience that actually cares! In case you haven't noticed, 9 out of every 10 posts on most City-Data forums tend to be all "sunshine and puppies", (which is why a group banded together to try to banish ME, of all people, for poking a joke at the suburbs), and as such, most of these persevering optimists don't want to be reminded daily of the negative things that enshroud their lives. Most on this entire forum would rather live each day thinking that the person sitting next to them on the Martz bus is a potential new commuting friend, not a politically-corrupt con artist (Isn't that the way we'd all like to think though?)

I likewise tend to try to find the "good" in people first before even thinking about airing their dirty laundry for the public to swallow on a forum. Is NJ's political system a disaster area? Of course! Is this indicative of any governing body, regardless of party affiliation, when greed rears its ugly green head? YOU BETCHA! I'm sure you'll find Republicans and Democrats alike taking kickbacks anywhere from Kalamazoo to Chattanooga to Walla Walla to Port Arthur and everywhere in between! It's only human to want to better the financial status of yourself and your own family, even if, in some cases, it means "jipping" somebody else (In the case of the state, the TAXPAYERS!)

Please, Corrupt, it's time for you to find a new venue. Every area has its problems, and I don't see the blemishes affecting NJ's quality-of-life as being any worse than the negatives of most other states. NJ has terribly high taxes, high housing costs, traffic congestion, pollution, and "cookie-cutter" character in many of its communities. PA has a poorly-educated population, harsh winters, crumbling infrastructure, no ethnic diversity, no skilled career opportunities, and many racist, homophobic residents. FL has a "culture war" occurring between Latin America and WASP America, along with hurricane threats, high humidity, wildlife management issues, and a negative tourist crowd impact. When someone finds "utopia", please let me know! ;o)

Old 09-07-2006, 07:57 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Before a group of you misinterprets my reply with a "Paul is mean! BOO! Ban him, Yac! Ban him, Yac!" type of reaction, keep in mind that I've never been "an Anti-NJ Troll", as some of you witch hunters had claimed! When someone gives an opinion, you have to allow them to have freedom of speech, even if you don't necessarily agree with it. When I basically referenced the NJ suburbs as being "full of crazed Prozac-doped soccer moms yammering into their cell phones in Range Rovers while commuting between Johnny's soccer practice, yoga instruction, an affair with the gardener, and IKEA", that is just my basic depiction of all of our nation's affluent, suburban, "escape the EVIL CITY" areas, not just in NJ! The fact that several of you women took offense to that tells me that I must have come a bit too close to paralelling your daily lives for comfort (Why else would you be so upset by that honest opinion of mine? Hiding something, are we ladies? LOL!) I say the SAME thing about "The Abingtons", Scranton's six-figure net worth suburban heck, and people actually AGREE with my insight! If you like the suburbs, then fine---We'll just have to agree to disagree. Growing up in the sterility and "blandness" of a vinyl-sided cul-de-sac, I can attest that being so isolated from every convenience in order to "escape urban problems" is more of a commuting headache than it's worth, especially when your parents are both too busy commuting to their professional jobs to drive you to a playground to play with your former friends back "in-town." You're free to disagree with any or ALL of my opinions, just as I'm free to disagree with yours! In summary, it's very childish for some of you to try to get somebody banned because they have a different opinion of a place than you. Would you start a witch hunt if someone from MI came onto the NJ forum and said his visit to Newark was a disaster? No. He's giving his honest opinion, something some of you can't quite honestly seem to be able to stomach! Feel free to come bash Scranton on the PA forums, we've all become accustomed to many in NJ (and NY) coming here to basically "laugh at our backwardsness", so our skin is thick enough to shield us from any attack you can conjure up! Some like strawberry cheesecake; Some like blueberry cheesecake---All in all, we just need to learn to respect each other's opinions and respond accordingly. If you don't like what I post, then please post a reply that contradicts what I say, in hopes that some others will agree with your side of a debate. If I find out that this innocent message once again warrants some of you going to another forum and asking Yac to ban me from this forum (which has become my favorite addiction, may I add! LOL!), then the gloves may just have to come off. Until then, feel free to agree or disagree with me in the PROPER CHANNELS of replying! Thank you! ;o)

Old 09-07-2006, 08:27 PM

49 posts, read 276,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymelynne View Post
I lived in NJ for 26 years before moving due to work. I LOVED IT. Yeah, sure, insurance is expensive, real estate is high, but you know what, I grew up in a NICE middle-class primarily irish community where everyone watched everyone's kids, we all swam in each others pools, we had big gatherings at our houses for BBQ's. No,its not fantasy land. Its Port Monmouth. And no, I didn't grow up high class. Just a kid. And by the way, I don't have cancer, nor does anyone I grew up with in my neighborhood. We played outside without parents being present (it was that kind of neighborhood). I think that people way misjudge the state that I grew up in and love and hopefully will move back to so my children get the benefit of it.
My Family is from Port Monmouth, they lived there from the 70's until a few years ago before they went to Union Beach and Atlantic Highlands.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:21 AM

421 posts, read 469,072 times
Default Not just politics

It is not just the politicians that are corrupt...it is the police...in many many towns. The bottom line is that why would anyone WANT to pay such high taxes on a tiny piece of land..in some towns, houses can only be 100x30...and why would anyone WANT to live in Toxic hell? Why would anyone WANT to put thier kids in harms way? There are a bunch of towns where they actually built houses and condos right ontop of toxic waste!!!! They dumped toxic waste in different bodies of water, one being in Toms river, that they never cleaned up and had caused alot of kids there to get lukemea..Listen, defend Jersey all you want, you have to PAY the consequences sooner or later...There was a movie called Escape from New York...we called our move, Escape from New Jersey. Yes of course other states have similar problems..Louisiana is probably the number one corrupt state..but no other state, let me repeat, no other state, has so much polution, not even Ca, and then have to pay such rediculous taxes to live there and breathe it all in..I see nothing what so ever good about Jersey...and they have some mean prisons too..Rahway and Trenton...the state capital is really a disgusting place!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey