Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 04:23 PM

143 posts, read 302,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
In NJ a DUI is not considered a criminal offensive. It is considered in your driving history. I don't agree with the law, but if they pull a criminal record, it would not show up in NJ as a Criminal Offense.
So what happened??? Inquiring minds want to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 06:57 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,909,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rahrah View Post
So what happened??? Inquiring minds want to know!
DUI twice the legal limit. Judge was lenient and gave her fines, 7 months License suspended, she has to pay for driving courses and has to have a breathalyzer installed in her car when she she gets her license back. And pay an insurance surcharge of $1000 for 3 years. Who knows what's going to happen once her Insurance Company finds out about this--so far they have not.

No community service.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:44 PM

143 posts, read 302,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
DUI twice the legal limit. Judge was lenient and gave her fines, 7 months License suspended, she has to pay for driving courses and has to have a breathalyzer installed in her car when she she gets her license back. And pay an insurance surcharge of $1000 for 3 years. Who knows what's going to happen once her Insurance Company finds out about this--so far they have not.

No community service.
She was lucky. Hopefully she has learned something from this. I have also done very stupid things in my life, and I really learned some harsh truths. Sometimes you have to learn things the hard way.

Your sister was so lucky that she didn't hurt anyone, but I'm sure she realizes that.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:53 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Well, they are going to cancel her since she has no license. My friend who got DWI, after he got his license back, his old insurance company wouldn't reinstate him but there are companies who specialize in high risk drivers, which is the pool she'll be in. An expensive lesson, glad I got to sow my oats back in the 80's!

Old 02-06-2012, 10:35 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,922 times
Could have been worse.

Prison for Epping drunk driver who crashed into motorcycle carrying Somersworth girl, grandfather | New Hampshire NEWS03

Old 02-06-2012, 10:56 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
The worst part about all of this is now it will be on her background checks and it could prevent her from getting jobs.

I don't drink and drive.
dui in nj is not a criminal record/offense unless you hit someone/injury someone. Its a motor vehicle offense if its a simple dui so no backround check will pull it up when applying for a job.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:08 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,628,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
dui in nj is not a criminal record/offense unless you hit someone/injury someone. Its a motor vehicle offense if its a simple dui so no backround check will pull it up when applying for a job.
But a D/L abstract request will.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:37 AM

2 posts, read 1,065 times
What happened to your sister's case? My best advice for you would find a good lawyer, like for us here in Phoenix, especially people who were charged with DUI, they go to the Arizona DUI Team for assistance. But my reply is years late so I would just like to know what happened to the charges against your sister.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:17 AM

52 posts, read 85,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
But a D/L abstract request will.
It is still NOT an arrest. It is a MOTOR VEHICLE OFFENSE in NJ & Ohio all other states it is a non-indictable/ minor criminal offense . Sooooo, when you go for a job and it asks "Have you ever been CONVICTED OF A CRIME...the answer in NJ is NO.

25,000 people a year in NJ alone get DWI....it's a stupid , expensive mistake that God willing you never make or hurt someone....ANYONE who drinks has driven over .08 BELIEVE THAT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey