U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 10:45 AM

26 posts, read 162,691 times

Advertisements

Jersey City Is On A Serious comeback.

you will all soon be complaining that ny people took it from you.

Much like you complain about hoboken being taken from you, much like the minorities in Harlem being taken from them by reverse white flight.

Jersey city rocks and in the next few years will be like Hoboken.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-27-2007 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: realtor advertising
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 01:10 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,506,348 times
Jersey City is too big and there's too many spots like MLK Blvd, streets off of Montgomery, areas like Journal Square to say that in a few years it'll be like Hoboken. That's truly stretching it. However there are a few smaller spots that are so desirable that, if I had the money, I'd consider moving into, particularly the Pavonia/Newport area. I remember when none of that was there. What a startling transfomation took place there..

Old 08-19-2007, 04:01 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,096,428 times
Too many Indians and Pakistanians

Old 08-26-2007, 10:49 PM

32 posts, read 159,637 times
Default Still some crime issues

Jersey City is definitely making a turn around. I live on Grove next to the Path. The city still has some crime issues though. Several apartments in my building were recently robbed, I know there were about 4 or 5 muggings a in late June/early July. I still don't see enough cops out on the street. So while there is some great potential, I think they need to really put more effort into reducing crime...That will be the deciding factor if Jersey City will look like a Hoboken in the next few years.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:29 PM

12 posts, read 63,736 times
I agree with you jerseycity79 we def needs the police enforce - that is crucial.
We had to complain and complain to get 20 more police here fulltime in the "Heights"it's like pulling teeth. It's condo conversion after condo conversion up here - everywhere.

And biscman you are WAY-WAY out of line.....

Old 09-08-2007, 05:55 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,096,428 times
Candy toots, lived in jersey city since 60's when it "was" a great place to live. Breaks my heart to see it today

Old 09-08-2007, 06:05 PM

2,847 posts, read 5,555,408 times
Jersey City is experiencing a construction boom unlike any before.

Too many Indians? Biscman what's your deal?

Old 09-08-2007, 06:29 PM

878 posts, read 2,564,851 times
I've heard both realtors and Donald Trump both saying it's the next up and coming hot spot......And I don't believe either one of them.

They built up and are still building up Edgewater and now the market is so flooded nothing is moving.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:59 PM

2,847 posts, read 5,555,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I've heard both realtors and Donald Trump both saying it's the next up and coming hot spot......And I don't believe either one of them.

They built up and are still building up Edgewater and now the market is so flooded nothing is moving.
LOL of course D. Trumps gonna say it because he putting up two residential towers in JC! Granted there's lots of construction going on but it'll be a little while before it can be labeled a hot spot

Old 09-09-2007, 02:51 PM

51 posts, read 507,332 times
i think it's a little late in the game to say jc is experiencing a comeback. it's already back, just take a look around the downtown area and compare it to 10, even 5 years ago. the changes are staggering. obviously, it's a large city and will always have it's rougher neighborhoods, but it's a great city right now. areas like journal sqaure and parts of the heights are getting nicer and other spots are poised for more development as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or