U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Do You Think About Governor Jon Corzine?
I think he is doing an excellent job 5 5.56%
I think he is doing a good job 3 3.33%
I think he is doing a fair job 14 15.56%
I think he is doing a poor job 57 63.33%
I think Governor Jon Corzine should surrender the 'questionable' emails to a review board. 21 23.33%
Corzine is above State Law. He appointed the Attorney General and the leader of the Supreme Court 12 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:41 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,624,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2jm3jm4jm5 View Post
I'm trying to point out that the money you all claim Corzine has wasted is nothing compaired to the cost of the war in Iraq. How many times do i need to say that?

So because Iraq costs more than the budget of NJ that justifies Corzine wasting as much $$ as he wants so long as it does not exceed the amount of $$ spent in Iraq?

Go ahead King Corzine-waste away as much as you want just don't exceed the budget in Iraq.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 12:17 PM

6,322 posts, read 14,151,283 times
Quote:
do you seriously have nothing better to do? you are pathetic. i can't wait to vote for corzine again, he's not perfect but who is?. better then the war monger republicans you want to put in office. you want to talk about wasting money? look at iraq.
Since everyone denies they voted Corzilla into office, I'm glad to hear SOMEBODY actually ADMIT they voted for him!

I agree, no one is perfect, but one has to wonder what they are thinking, when NJ is $58B+ in debt, and Corzilla and Incompetents borrow MORE money to pay state/teachers pensions and healthcare.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:27 PM

42 posts, read 52,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Since everyone denies they voted Corzilla into office, I'm glad to hear SOMEBODY actually ADMIT they voted for him!

I agree, no one is perfect, but one has to wonder what they are thinking, when NJ is $58B+ in debt, and Corzilla and Incompetents borrow MORE money to pay state/teachers pensions and healthcare.

The state/teachers pensions and healthcare don't cost 58 Billion dollars to fund. Given its an expensive part of the budget its not the whole 58 Billion dollars. lets not forget the new needle exchange program the state developed, all the welfare and entitlements for poverty class, the social programs for both legal citizens and illegal aliens, the billions of dollars wasted by the urban schools to educate a small percentage of students.

then on top of everything, we're looking at the dual office pension, politicians who hand out no show jobs to family members and campaign contributors and the worst of all, the budget it takes to operate the state correctional facilities. NJ is like a growing monster that keeps eating and eating and nobody takes away the main course. Unless you starve the monster its only going to get bigger.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:55 PM

1,914 posts, read 3,244,526 times
Quote:
I'm trying to point out that the money you all claim Corzine has wasted is nothing compaired to the cost of the war in Iraq. How many times do i need to say that?
Why don't you compare bigger apples to oranges?

Logic. Got any?

Quote:
do you seriously have nothing better to do? you are pathetic. i can't wait to vote for corzine again, he's not perfect but who is?. better then the war monger republicans you want to put in office. you want to talk about wasting money? look at iraq.
If you can support, with facts, that GWB is a war-mongerer and that we're in Iraq for the oil and GWB went to war to defend his Daddy's honor and all the other spoon-fed sheep-like liberal rhetoric you seem to eat for breakfast people may actually agree with you. But you will not be able to provide facts. That's the problem. Everyone conveniently forgets that Kennedy, Heinz-Kerry, Hill and Bill Clinton, Pelosi, Edwards, Byrd, etc. all supported the belief and fact that Saddam had WMD's (or what do you call what he used to kill those Kurds?) until we rolled up on election time and they "voted for the war before they voted against it". Saddam played a dangerous game - he was the one not telling what he had or didn't have weapon-wise and his bluff got called.

Saddam had ignored 17 UN resolutions for 12 years. Don't you remember the daily attacks on the no-fly zone patrols? His multiple violations of the 1991 cease-fire agreement? The number of times he kicked out the weapon inspectors? His oil-for food corruption and hush-hush deals with France, Germany, Russia and China....remember them? The Security Council's most outspoken countries AGAINST the invasion?

So what would your solution have been? A rousing rendition of kumba-ya? Another 12 years? It's not like Saddam wasn't warned over and over and given PLENTY of time to comply.

What are your facts to support the liberal belief that Saddam was just sitting around minding his own business?

I'm so tired of liberal sheep who just vote the party line....and NJ is full of them.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:43 PM

107 posts, read 295,665 times
If Iraq is such a worth while cause then why don't you stop arguing with people on a message board and go join the military? They need all the bodies they can get. I feel bad for the situation McGreevy and Corzine walked into. It takes a while to clean up the mess Whitman left behind.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:46 PM

9,832 posts, read 13,760,221 times
Quote:
ATTENTION MEMBERS:

This is the same poster who said he rather have a corrupt dem in office than a honest repub.

Clearly his hatred of repub's is noted.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:54 PM

16,982 posts, read 16,568,286 times
Quote:
So you're point is that as long as the US is in Iraq, everything's great in the Garden State? Tell that to the thousands that are fleeing.

This thread is about NJ and it's very real problems that have absolutely NOTHING to do with Bush, Republicans, Iraq or the flat tire on my truck.

I get it. Bush makes Corzine's governing of NJ look good. Is that it?

Old 10-17-2007, 03:57 PM

16,982 posts, read 16,568,286 times
Quote:
If Iraq is such a worth while cause then why don't you stop arguing with people on a message board and go join the military? They need all the bodies they can get. I feel bad for the situation McGreevy and Corzine walked into. It takes a while to clean up the mess Whitman left behind.
Of course those in the legislative branches for the past several years had nothing to do with the sorry state of affairs.

Get a grip. Oh, and re Whitman, some Republican she was. I don't know any Repub that extolls her governing virtues.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:10 PM

8,290 posts, read 18,214,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Of course those in the legislative branches for the past several years had nothing to do with the sorry state of affairs.

Get a grip. Oh, and re Whitman, some Republican she was. I don't know any Repub that extolls her governing virtues.
Whitman was a piece of garbage. She even managed to make Florio look good. McGreevey might be the only governor that fared even worse than she did. Whitman is a walking example of a Republican trying to be all things to all people (i.e. placate Democrats).

Old 10-17-2007, 04:17 PM

8,290 posts, read 18,214,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Why don't you compare bigger apples to oranges?

Logic. Got any?

If you can support, with facts, that GWB is a war-mongerer and that we're in Iraq for the oil and GWB went to war to defend his Daddy's honor and all the other spoon-fed sheep-like liberal rhetoric you seem to eat for breakfast people may actually agree with you. But you will not be able to provide facts. That's the problem. Everyone conveniently forgets that Kennedy, Heinz-Kerry, Hill and Bill Clinton, Pelosi, Edwards, Byrd, etc. all supported the belief and fact that Saddam had WMD's (or what do you call what he used to kill those Kurds?) until we rolled up on election time and they "voted for the war before they voted against it". Saddam played a dangerous game - he was the one not telling what he had or didn't have weapon-wise and his bluff got called.

Saddam had ignored 17 UN resolutions for 12 years. Don't you remember the daily attacks on the no-fly zone patrols? His multiple violations of the 1991 cease-fire agreement? The number of times he kicked out the weapon inspectors? His oil-for food corruption and hush-hush deals with France, Germany, Russia and China....remember them? The Security Council's most outspoken countries AGAINST the invasion?

So what would your solution have been? A rousing rendition of kumba-ya? Another 12 years? It's not like Saddam wasn't warned over and over and given PLENTY of time to comply.

What are your facts to support the liberal belief that Saddam was just sitting around minding his own business?

I'm so tired of liberal sheep who just vote the party line....and NJ is full of them.
You know, I think on a national scale (can't speak for NJ per se) I think people are waking up to the many points you raised on this post. I am not talking about partisan folk, just those who go about their business on a daily basis and have the ability to think it through objectively, and they are drawing the same conclusions as you. Let's not forget that Bill Clinton originally bombed Iraq in December of 1998, after repeated U.N. violations, 2 years prior to Bush taking office. This man was a loose cannon, and had to be removed from power. The joke is that there was consensus politically this had to be done. The main grievances now are being amplified by a media that has been against this occupation from since nearly the outset. That is dangerous, that we have a fifth column, a basically unelected entity in the national media, that has the ability to bend and shape perception, and foment public sentiment vis a vis this ongoing occupation. But I think most are waking up to this now and using their rational brain to draw their own conclusions. You notice now that the Democratic presidential candidates are not even making this war an issue any longer. That's because the media has drained all the negative shelf life possible out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey