Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 01:21 PM

28 posts, read 63,879 times

Advertisements

So I was offered a job at the South Jersey Healthcare Hospital. I currently live in Michigan...

So I was wondering about abunch of stuff!!!

First, what are the best citys to look to rent in that are either A. Vineland or B Close to vineland ???

How are the elementary schools??? Any one thats a best? What about the charter schools??\

How is traffic??

Anything else I should know before considereing taking the job?

I am really looking to find a reasonably priced rental home in a good neighborhood with good schools...I mean I live in an average town now and so Im not looking for the best of the best but it has to be decent and safe.

Please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 02:02 PM

572 posts, read 2,021,228 times
What is your budget? Who many bedrooms? Any pets? There are a million other questions that you would need to answer before anyone could give you any type of intelligent answer.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:03 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,664,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethw001 View Post
So I was offered a job at the South Jersey Healthcare Hospital. I currently live in Michigan...

First, what are the best citys to look to rent in that are either A. Vineland or B Close to vineland ???

How are the elementary schools??? Any one thats a best? What about the charter schools??\

How is traffic??

I am really looking to find a reasonably priced rental home in a good neighborhood with good schools...I mean I live in an average town now and so Im not looking for the best of the best but it has to be decent and safe.

Please help
You need to give a budget. For schools, you can start here

2010 Top High Schools in New Jersey-www.njmonthly.com

This is one of many highly subjective ranking lists out there but it is a good place to start.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:29 PM

28 posts, read 63,879 times
I would like the rent under 1200 a month
Three bedroom
Pets and kids

Old 09-27-2011, 02:33 PM

1,173 posts, read 4,750,223 times
I prefer to use greatschools.com and schooldigger.com for school ratings, that NJ monthly list makes some very questionable choices. Plus it only ranks HS the websites I listed do the elementary schools too.

I'm not familiar with south jersey but I've gotten the impression from some posts on here that Vineland is not the best neighborhood. But I'm sure you will find something close by that is really nice.

Also, there is a subforum "New Jersey suburbs of Philadelphia" with a lot of posters from south jersey, you may get more answers there. You're welcome here too ofcourse! It's just that most posters are from North Jersey.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:38 PM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Look in Pitman or Mullica Hill, you'll be within 20-30 minutes of Vineland with a good school system and very nice towns. Vineland itself and surrounding towns are generally lower income and very rural, schools not so great. You really do have a good number of choices though in all directions, it might help to know if you are okay with a rural area or want more of a suburban feel, etc.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:14 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,950,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethw001 View Post

How is traffic??

Please help
move to any town served by 408 or 553 the 553 NJT bus line however unlike 408 is 24/7 and more frequent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey