Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 12:30 PM

3 posts, read 4,792 times

Advertisements

HI everyone,
We are considering to buy our first home(3BR,2Baths) in Montclair Heights neighborhood of Clifton,NJ.I like the neighborhood because my wife was raised here & I like a little diversity in the neighborhood(may be because I m an Indian?? .Our budget is not too high($380 -$425K),we are considering to make an offer for a house on Grove st,Clifton.The house is really nice and well in our budget,huge backyard. Since it's right on Grove st (front face to street), we are really concerned about the future resale (7-9 years).I was raised in the urban area so a little bit noise is not a problem,we are really young(25) & don't have kids nor planing to have in the next couple of years. We both work in the city(NYC), so easy commute is the biggest advantage for us.
-> Is gorve st, really a noisy place?
-> Do the houses on the main roads(2 lane st) have problem reselling them?

Thanks in advance for your advise...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 02:16 PM

1,173 posts, read 4,752,199 times
I've never owned there so I don't know about resale but I love grove street! All the houses are so pretty.

It can get a little congested but I think this is more because of the low speed limit on that road so the cars build up. I used to drive down grove all the way from rt 3 in to Montclair to go to the gym and I saw MANY cars getting pulled over for going a smidge over the limit which is a good thing.

Brookdale park over there is so pretty too. I think as long as the school for that particular block is well rated it should be a good investment. (Well as good as a house can be now a days!)

Old 09-30-2011, 11:21 AM

3 posts, read 4,792 times
Thanks @ icibiu,
You are absolutely right, the school is well rated for that block,the house is in immaculate condition at good price, it should be a good investment.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:47 PM

143 posts, read 302,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu21 View Post
HI everyone,
We are considering to buy our first home(3BR,2Baths) in Montclair Heights neighborhood of Clifton,NJ.I like the neighborhood because my wife was raised here & I like a little diversity in the neighborhood(may be because I m an Indian?? .Our budget is not too high($380 -$425K),we are considering to make an offer for a house on Grove st,Clifton.The house is really nice and well in our budget,huge backyard. Since it's right on Grove st (front face to street), we are really concerned about the future resale (7-9 years).I was raised in the urban area so a little bit noise is not a problem,we are really young(25) & don't have kids nor planing to have in the next couple of years. We both work in the city(NYC), so easy commute is the biggest advantage for us.
-> Is gorve st, really a noisy place?
-> Do the houses on the main roads(2 lane st) have problem reselling them?

Thanks in advance for your advise...
Yes the #33 Express to New York does go right down Grove Street. It's actually a nice street.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:49 PM

91 posts, read 375,999 times
Default Grove St., Clifton

There have not been enough listings or sales recorded on the MLS in the past 10 years on Grove Street in Clifton to give you any type of advice on the resale value there. The last sale in the Montclair Heights section of Grove St. was this year and it took over a year to sell. It sold for $140k less than it's original list price. However, it was not comparable to the one you are considering, if it is the one listed on the MLS. That one was an older home with only 1.1 baths.

You have to go back to 2001-2002 to find 2 other listings in this area.

Grove St. is busy, but as someone else posted, it's not as congested in the Montclair Heights area as it is in Montclair or by Van Houten Ave. in Clifton.

Of course, you'd probably have an easier time reselling if you lived on a quiet, residential street in a nice area. That would be true anywhere.

But, if you like this house and it works for you, go for it. You buy a house these days because you can afford it and you believe you'll be happy there, not for it's resale value. There is still probably adequate room for negotiation too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey