Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 07:07 AM

506 posts, read 1,956,483 times

Advertisements

It does run 24 hours, but on a more reduced schedule. You can find schedule information here: Schedules - PATH - The Port Authority of NY & NJ.

FWIW, I find the PATH extremely convenient. I rarely check train times and never had a problem with the wait. The few times I did go by a schedule, the train came right on time. The little TVs in the station generally tell you what time the next train should be arriving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 07:14 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by energygrrl View Post
Hi rather than starting a new thread on an already discussed topic, I thought I would ask my question here. I understand how the Path works in the Hoboken and Grove St area. What I am wondering is this: Does it run 24 hrs?
I anticipate that when i work evening shift I will be getting out around 12:30am. Just wondering if I am staying in either Hoboken or around grove St. if I will be able to get home in a timely fashion.
Thanks for the feedback
I believe the path frequents hoboken more, or it just seems like that. I can't remember if its nights or weekends but they reduce it to one train, so it goes NY to hoboken then jumps over to JC, and vice versa. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:32 AM

506 posts, read 1,956,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I believe the path frequents hoboken more, or it just seems like that. I can't remember if its nights or weekends but they reduce it to one train, so it goes NY to hoboken then jumps over to JC, and vice versa. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
This is correct. On weekday evenings and weekends they reduce the JC and Hoboken line down to one. I don't think this affects the frequency to JC, but I live in Hoboken, so I could be mistaken.

Also, I believe there is a change in the WTC line on weekends-- not 100% sure on that though.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:15 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,770 times
PATH runs a reduced service starting at, IIRC, 11:00PM weeknights. The service runs about every half-hour, but the trains go from 33rd St to Hoboken, to JSTC, and then back to 33rd, so it takes quite a bit longer than the normal daily service.

Getting off work at 12:30am will mean you will have to deal with this reduced night/weekend schedule, unfortunately.

Good luck.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:20 PM

115 posts, read 273,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFemme86 View Post
This is correct. On weekday evenings and weekends they reduce the JC and Hoboken line down to one. I don't think this affects the frequency to JC, but I live in Hoboken, so I could be mistaken.

Also, I believe there is a change in the WTC line on weekends-- not 100% sure on that though.
NWK->WTC is the same on weekends.

HOB->WTC doesn't operate on weekends. You need to take the train to Grove Street and transfer.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:34 PM

349 posts, read 781,498 times
If you're going to Grove St try to always use the WTC line if you can. Its just quicker - only two stops. I find that when the 33rd st line consolidates and goes to Hoboken first it takes forever to get home. The train seems to always just kinda hangout at the Hoboken stop for a ridiculous amount of time. It annoys me so much I go out of my way to always make it to WTC on the Manhattan side to take that line back.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:54 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,307,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagwagon113 View Post
If you're going to Grove St try to always use the WTC line if you can. Its just quicker - only two stops. I find that when the 33rd st line consolidates and goes to Hoboken first it takes forever to get home. The train seems to always just kinda hangout at the Hoboken stop for a ridiculous amount of time. It annoys me so much I go out of my way to always make it to WTC on the Manhattan side to take that line back.
I find the Hoboken layover to be annoying too. The trains can get packed and the ride is very long. But with "essential track maintenance" on the WTC line every weekend, and trains reduced to once every 20 minutes, it sometimes isn't worth the extra schlep downtown. 33rd-Hob-JSQ trains leave 33rd every 10 minutes during the daytime on weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey