Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 05:58 PM

22 posts, read 49,719 times

Advertisements

i am supposed to go to a info session at Ackerman hall at 5:30 this wednesday. What is the safest way to get there and get back to hoboken at this time? Could drive though wondering if parking garages are safe there. Also considering PATH to newark penn then taxi or light rail to washington st. I know driving is probably quickest though it will be a bit close to rush hour, but thinking if it is the safest. Was originally thinking of taking Rutgers Shuttle from newark penn but then realized they probably won't let me on as I am not a student. Any advice appreciated!

Thanks,
Stacy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 06:14 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,261,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyann_1 View Post
i am supposed to go to a info session at Ackerman hall at 5:30 this wednesday. What is the safest way to get there and get back to hoboken at this time? Could drive though wondering if parking garages are safe there. Also considering PATH to newark penn then taxi or light rail to washington st. I know driving is probably quickest though it will be a bit close to rush hour, but thinking if it is the safest. Was originally thinking of taking Rutgers Shuttle from newark penn but then realized they probably won't let me on as I am not a student. Any advice appreciated!

Thanks,
Stacy
Traffic will be insane, I wouldn't drive at that time. If you're going to walk to campus from an off campus garage, it's not any safer than walking from the station anyway.

I don't remember them ever checking student ids on those campus shuttles, though I don't know that it hasn't changed.

Getting there, before 5:30 there are plenty of gainfully employed people around, so you don't have much too worry about. From Penn, you can either take the newark subway to Washington St station, walk to campus (follow raymond blvd then right on university ave), or take a cab.

Coming back your safest option is to take the shuttle.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:29 PM

22 posts, read 49,719 times
thanks elflord! Maybe if I bring a printout with the info session information they will let me on the shuttle with a student id from another community college. but i am correct in assuming that newark penn is probably very populated at that hour so safe and washington st is on campus, isn't it?

Old 10-09-2011, 08:36 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,261,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyann_1 View Post
thanks elflord! Maybe if I bring a printout with the info session information they will let me on the shuttle with a student id from another community college. but i am correct in assuming that newark penn is probably very populated at that hour so safe and washington st is on campus, isn't it?
yes, very busy around 5:30. The station exit is a block from the main part of campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey