Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 06:59 AM

11 posts, read 20,518 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm looking for information on the Bergen county and the Park Ridge area.
I would like to know where is the best place to live around Park Ridge, NJ.
How far is it from Manhattan ? How to go to Manhattan with public transport ?

Thank you for your answers !

Where are you coming from?
Dublin, IRELAND

Why are you moving?
Intercompany Transfer

Where will you be working ?
I will work in Park Ridge, NJ.

Will you buy or rent?
I want to RENT

What is your budget ?
1500$-2500$

What kind of place are you looking for ?
House/Apartment close to Park Ridge.

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ?
We are a French couple of 30 years old with a cat.

Do you need/want good public schools?
No.

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in
Families / Diverse / Safe

List three things that are important to you in order of importance.
Proximity to Park Ridge, Safety, Charming, Quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 07:17 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,782,631 times
There are some nice apartments in Downtown Park Ridge and more under Construction , I don't know the names though. All the Apartments are within walking distance from the Train , theres also a bus that goes to 42nd Street.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:37 PM

41 posts, read 128,623 times
Montvale (next town over) would be a decent place to look as well, with a bunch of nice apartments. You should easily find something within your price range.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:54 PM

777 posts, read 2,372,340 times
Park Ridge has the Pascack Valley train line for access to NYC. Probably take about an hour to get into the city. You can definitely find an apartment or a house to rent in that price range in Park Ridge.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:37 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,022,240 times
Yea you shouldn't have any problems finding a nice apartment in that area with that kind of budget. Great towns, overall great area to live in for sure. The train is not a direct to midtown, you'll have to transfer one stop out at Secaucus but it's no big deal. And depending on where in the city you want to go, you might be better off continuing to Hoboken and taking the PATH in.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:09 AM

11 posts, read 20,518 times
Thank you for all the answers. I found the Trulia website and it's helpful to start. I think I will have more questions in the coming weeks...
Also, someone would know what is the best Internet provider in Park Ridge/Montvale ?

Last edited by General13; 10-11-2011 at 06:54 AM..

Old 10-11-2011, 07:24 AM

Depends on what you want , more and more people are switching to the faster and better Verizon FIOs which is TV , Phone and internet. Theres also the cheaper and slower Cablevision and Time warner.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:27 AM

Optimum online is I think the only one in the area providing cable internet. I live one town away from Park Ridge (Woodcliff Lake), and that is how it is here. There are alternative services through Verizon, but they aren't as reliable.

Best cell phone provider in the area by far is Verizon.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Depends on what you want , more and more people are switching to the faster and better Verizon FIOs which is TV , Phone and internet. Theres also the cheaper and slower Cablevision and Time warner.
Fios actually wasn't 100 percent available in Park Ridge, Montvale, or Woodcliff Lake a year ago. Things changes though.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasDoc View Post
Fios actually wasn't 100 percent available in Park Ridge, Montvale, or Woodcliff Lake a year ago. Things changes though.
They been in my town for 3 years and ive had them for 3 years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey