Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 10:13 AM

2 posts, read 7,804 times

Advertisements

Greetings forum members ,

My wife and I ( and our small Dog) will be relocating from Toronto , Canada to Central NJ .My work is in Iselin ( I work mostly from home) and her work is in Somerset .

We would like to rent a 2Bdrm Condo with
-a budget up to $1900 a month
-within a driving distance from Somerset ( up to 40 min driving in rush hour)
-we are city people and like to be in a walkable downtown where we can walk to shopping/coffee shops/restaurants.
-we are not club goers anymore
-Safety is important . As we are moving from Toronto , we are not aware of safety conditions in the neighborhoods. Your feedback is more than welcome
-As we do not have children , schooling system is not a priority for us

As far as the housing option ,
-Our preference is a Condo but we are open to townhouses as well
-Condo is preferably of newer build with in-suite washer/dryer and hardwood floor

We are considering the following neighborhoods
-Highland Park :my wife likes the area but we can not find enough offering of condos for rent ( in fact there is only one building that does not accpet pets)
-Metuchen and New Brunswick , again same problem with condo availability
-Rahway seems to have condo supply but we did not get to visit the town yet

I welcome the forum feedback on the above mentioned towns as well as other options

Thanks ,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 AM

92,405 posts, read 122,695,779 times
What about Princeton, Edison or Piscataway?

Old 10-10-2011, 05:52 PM

264 posts, read 603,905 times
Not sure if the towns you mentioned have walkable downtown, except maybe New Brunswick. Somerset itself has lots of condos/townhomes, I'm sure some must be available for rent - check with a local realtor.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbccnbc View Post
Greetings forum members ,

My wife and I ( and our small Dog) will be relocating from Toronto , Canada to Central NJ .
Sorry to here that cbccnbc.

It's a picture perfect state DEPENDING on where that pictures taken.

I know your moving because it's work related, but you may want to reconsider.

Do a bit more homework on Jersey.

All the best.

-rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey