Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 03:12 PM

17 posts, read 28,262 times

Advertisements

Thanks Grimreaper105. If I have to choose from Mt laurel, cinnaminson and cherry hill. What would be my best bet?

And thanks again for your reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 09:39 AM

283 posts, read 605,589 times
They are all safe. Southern NJ as a whole is very safe. If you're picking Mt Laurel, Cinnaminson, or Cherry Hill, you will be driving EVERYWHERE on weekends (food, movies, shopping, nightlife, etc.). If that doesn't bother you, you will find similar options in the 3 towns. If that does bother you, Collingswood is really your only choice. You should take a day and drive around the area and find an area that you like. Also, I agree with grim -- you can live in a nice town and live in a crappy complex (e.g. Larchmont in Mt Laurel). Make sure that you visit the complexes that you want to live in before you move. Good luck.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:57 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,543,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manish.max View Post
Thanks NJGoat. Is there also a tax difference between the places - mount laurel, cherry hill, cinnaminson?
There are differences in the property taxes, but that is already baked into the rental price. If you are a renter, the only thing you will have are your payroll taxes (and sales tax) to deal with and that is the same regardless of where you live in NJ.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:28 PM

Thank you all for all your response. They are all much appreciated. I will be in NJ soon and will take my final decision then. Just one additional thing - Are you aware of some nice extended stays or hotels with kitchen where I can stay for a week or so with my wife while I am finalizing an apartment. I am looking at locations like mount laurel, cherry hill, collingswood, cinnaminson.

Thanks again

Old 11-03-2011, 05:21 PM

Thanks Tom. I will be in NJ soon and will take my final decision then. Just one additional thing - Are you aware of some nice extended stays or hotels with kitchen where I can stay for a week or so with my wife while I am finalizing an apartment. I am looking at locations like mount laurel, cherry hill, collingswood, cinnaminson.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:51 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,543,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manish.max View Post
Thanks Tom. I will be in NJ soon and will take my final decision then. Just one additional thing - Are you aware of some nice extended stays or hotels with kitchen where I can stay for a week or so with my wife while I am finalizing an apartment. I am looking at locations like mount laurel, cherry hill, collingswood, cinnaminson.
There are a ton of cheap motel/efficiency places along Route 73 and 38 in the Maple Shade area with pricing starting around $250 a week, but I personally wouldn't stay in any of them.

Personally, this is the place I would stay for an extended time if I needed an efficiency suite with a kitchen:

Extended Stay MT Laurel, NJ | Extended Stay Hotels Mount Laurel

It is located along Route 38 right near the 295 interchange in Mount Laurel. It's a nice area with plenty of nearby shopping including a couple of supermarkets for groceries as well as various other stores and restaurants.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:59 PM

Thanks NJGOAT. But this place is too expensive. Its about $150 per day. I am looking for something around $100 p.n

Old 11-11-2011, 07:53 AM

283 posts, read 605,589 times
There's another extended stay on Route 70 in Cherry Hill near the 295 entrance. How about that Candlewood suites place in Mount Laurel? It's right next to the Extended Stay in Mount Laurel.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:55 PM

28 posts, read 56,377 times
I would say Cinnaminson. Close to everything, but with out the traffice nightmare on 73 and Rt 70.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:40 PM

hi Grimreaper
is Edgewater park overall a safe place to stay? Or should I better stay away from the area. i am asking this because my work location is shifting to edgewater park and the aprtment you had suggested "THe courtyard" is very close to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey