Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 08:39 PM

17 posts, read 28,262 times

Advertisements

Hi
I'll be taking a new job in Burlington, NJ. I am looking for a safe and convenient neighborhood to rent an aprtment. I do not want to commute more that 15-20 miles each way to work. Can you please suggest some location where I can rent a good aprtment at a decent price. I am looking for a safe neighborhood and also want that there are some places for grocery and shopping nearby. Would it be better to stay in phily or NJ in terms of taxes? A few places to stay that I have heard of are Moorestown, Mount Laurel and Cherry Hill.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 08:58 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,607,016 times
If u want 10-15 minues there is burlington court apartments on rt 130. I grew up there half my school years. But I can recommend Sunset Heights which is on sunset rd across from rancocus hospital on the border of burlington township and willingboro. No need to look outside of Burlington and the immediate area for what you want. If u have any specific requirements or questions feel free to PM me.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:06 PM

Thanks for replying dhanu. But I have heard that burlington is very laid back place with nothing much to do like shopping malls, movies or night clubs. That was the reason i was looking for places outside burlington. Is that true?

Old 10-11-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish.max View Post
Thanks for replying dhanu. But I have heard that burlington is very laid back place with nothing much to do like shopping malls, movies or night clubs. That was the reason i was looking for places outside burlington. Is that true?
There's a target,walmart,burlington center mall, regal 20 etc, etc in Burlington Township.. no clubs except Strip clubs or sport clubs. There's a nice waterfront and ymca and county library. That's about it though. An outdoorsy person would like Burlington more than Cherry Hill and traffic is never a problem in Burlington. If you're more into the Philly type of scene you may prefer Northeast Philly or Bensalam, but your commute would be more.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:41 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,226,536 times
keep in mind if you live in philly you will have to pay the city wage taxes, which will cut into your pay 3-4 percent.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:20 PM

Thanks Dhanu. One more question - how safe is Burlington. I mean in terms of crime rate etc.
Also, what could be my second option after burlington in case I do not find a suitable apartment there?

Old 10-11-2011, 03:12 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,782,631 times
You can take the Riverline to the PATCO and visit Philly , it only takes 35mins....and brings you right into Center City.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Thanks Dhanu. One more question - how safe is Burlington. I mean in terms of crime rate etc.
Also, what could be my second option after burlington in case I do not find a suitable apartment there?
Burlington ranks about average with the US crime rate. Not great but ok enough that I walk out at night. Here's a profile:
//www.city-data.com/city/Burlin...ew-Jersey.html

Lumberton,Mount Holly, or Riverside are 3 other suitable areas I think you would consider because of their proximity to Burlington, rentals, and shopping.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:17 PM

I checked on various websites and could not find a lot of options in terms of apartments. It seems like there are only a couple of aprtment complex in Burlington. Most of the websites are showing me aprtments in the area around Burlington like Bensalem, Edgewater park, cherry hill. Would it be better to look at places south of burlington or east?

Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I checked on various websites and could not find a lot of options in terms of apartments. It seems like there are only a couple of aprtment complex in Burlington. Most of the websites are showing me aprtments in the area around Burlington like Bensalem, Edgewater park, cherry hill. Would it be better to look at places south of burlington or east?
Craigslist is good for apartments, not necessarily apartment complexes. Many rentals aren't even on those apartment websites. A good way is to drive around for "for rent" signs, and give a quick call to the number on the sign. There are about 10 apartment complexes in Burlington City and Burlington Township alone. Rent.com and remaxnj.com (the rental section) is another place to look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey