Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 07:48 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,137,012 times

Advertisements

Without knowning anything else about the situation, or reading this article, I can guarantee that Harrison is run by the Democrats. When are people going to wake up and realize that high debt is a bad thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 07:54 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,782,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Without knowning anything else about the situation, or reading this article, I can guarantee that Harrison is run by the Democrats. When are people going to wake up and realize that high debt is a bad thing?
It has nothing to do with Political parties , my town is run by Republicans and is in just as much debt as Harrison. They were warned years ago that the debt was getting out of hand , but ignored it. There is some corruption within Harrison like my town , but it mostly has to do with the developments and too much red tape.....

Old 03-03-2012, 09:54 AM

10,220 posts, read 19,134,567 times
Come on, Nexus... there's no way a Republican would have ever supported a boondoggle of a soccer stadium. A golf course, maybe...

Old 03-03-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Come on, Nexus... there's no way a Republican would have ever supported a boondoggle of a soccer stadium. A golf course, maybe...
Its not a boondoggle its doing very well... They can't fill the entire Stadium due to the PATH station not being upgraded to handle the huge crowds.... My town spent 1.7 Million on a Library no one uses instead of building the 400,000$ Greenway they agreed to do.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:50 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,406,069 times
I have been to the stadium and my mom still lives in Harrison and the stadium has been doing very well. The lawsuit should help big time.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:00 PM

10,220 posts, read 19,134,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
I have been to the stadium and my mom still lives in Harrison and the stadium has been doing very well. The lawsuit should help big time.
Every article on Harrison's debt mentions the stadium as the main source. Even getting the tax payments from the team won't dig them out of the hole; only about halfway. It's a boondoggle.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Every article on Harrison's debt mentions the stadium as the main source. Even getting the tax payments from the team won't dig them out of the hole; only about halfway. It's a boondoggle.
I doubt the Stadium is the main source of the debt and the town did not build the stadium it just hasn't received the taxes from it like most large scale new projects in this region who skirt around the tax rules. NYC is loosing 2 Billion a year to Tax Abated land , its why you don't see developers flocking to Newark. Newark does not do Tax Abatements....neither does Elizabeth or Paterson or Yonkers on Residential developments , only on Industrial developments or Job creators... They had to upgrade the streets and sidewalks around the stadium that put the town in alot of debt , they did it on there own for the most part. Most towns will ask the County or state to pay for the upgrades.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:35 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,680,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Its not a boondoggle its doing very well... They can't fill the entire Stadium due to the PATH station not being upgraded to handle the huge crowds.... My town spent 1.7 Million on a Library no one uses instead of building the 400,000$ Greenway they agreed to do.
I cannot believe the excuses people use to say why Red Bull can't sell out.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
I cannot believe the excuses people use to say why Red Bull can't sell out.
Those aren't excuses , there actual rules set in place by Hudson County for Crowd Control.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:45 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,680,995 times
Here are some of the excuses I've heard why Red Bull can't sell out:

1) The Stadium isn't finished yet so people can't sit in certain sections. (WHAT?)

2) Nobody wants to watch soccer in NJ. (Cosmos may disagree with you on that one)

3) The parking situation is terrible (Well, that's on Red Bull's lack of planning)

4) And now "the PATH station can't handle the huge crowds". You're telling me a Path station, which is designed to take commuters into NEW YORK CITY, can't handle a portion of crowds for MLS game, MAYBE 10,000 people utilizing the PATH to get to the game?

Sorry, Red Bull has shuttles coming from Newark Penn. The excuses don't fly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey