Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:03 AM

376 posts, read 663,452 times

Advertisements

last time i heard that radio station, they were ignorant and saying a lot of racist things especially that guy tommy g that was on during the late night. that station was a gathering for the tea party before the tea party even started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 05:04 AM

50,339 posts, read 35,975,050 times
That station is still on, and I listen to it regularly. I'm not a Republican, and while the old daytime hosts at least had a republican bent, I never heard anything extreme, tea partyish or racist on it. It's not really what I would consider to be a primarily political station. I never listen late at night, though.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:35 AM

19,056 posts, read 25,182,447 times
I have to admit that I have not listened to that station for quite some time, due to the overwhelming political nature of much of their commentary. They were sort of a Fox Faux News outlet before the advent of Fox Faux News.

If you go back quite a few years, the on-air personalities of that station were a major force in getting Christine Todd Whitman elected to office as governor. We may never recover fully from the incredible damage that Whitman did to our state's finances, and I place much of the blame for that terrible era in state politics on the station and its policies.

Then, after they had helped to elect Ms. Whitman to office, I remember hearing a telephone conversation on one of their daytime call-in programs. I believe that the on-air personality was named Jim Gearhart, but I could be mistaken about the name.

Anyway, the caller was clearly someone who originated on the Indian subcontinent, and who had a legitimate question/comment. The broadcaster was both dismissive and disrepectful to the caller and after the caller ended his call, the on-air personality actually made a comment that was racist in nature. At that point, I erased the station from my car radio's memory, as I have no desire to listen to a station that so negatively impacted our state's long-term finances and that apparently tolerated racist on-air comments on the part of their employees.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:59 AM

5,816 posts, read 12,590,493 times
Yeah it's still on. It's basically a republican, hate union people station. If u object to any of their views they simply cut u off or are rude to u.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:21 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,543,561 times
I listen to them occasionally, they recently shuffled up their evening commute lineup. Sometimes I agree with what they say, sometimes I don't. I've called in before, but like Jersey Man said, if you are disagreeing with them and making sense, they cut you off and then mock you, lol. I don't think they are as political as some are painting them, I think they go for whatever will get the biggest rise out of people. Their new evening guys are much more banal than the other guys were and most topics they discuss now are things like, "if you were laid off, how did it impact your life?"

Old 10-12-2011, 10:01 AM

11,301 posts, read 16,609,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Yeah it's still on. It's basically a republican, hate union people station. If u object to any of their views they simply cut u off or are rude to u.
They're not a hate union people station, but more of a hate union station.

In their opinions the union officials aren't living reality.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:07 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,560,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I have to admit that I have not listened to that station for quite some time, due to the overwhelming political nature of much of their commentary. They were sort of a Fox Faux News outlet before the advent of Fox Faux News.

If you go back quite a few years, the on-air personalities of that station were a major force in getting Christine Todd Whitman elected to office as governor. We may never recover fully from the incredible damage that Whitman did to our state's finances, and I place much of the blame for that terrible era in state politics on the station and its policies.

Then, after they had helped to elect Ms. Whitman to office, I remember hearing a telephone conversation on one of their daytime call-in programs. I believe that the on-air personality was named Jim Gearhart, but I could be mistaken about the name.

Anyway, the caller was clearly someone who originated on the Indian subcontinent, and who had a legitimate question/comment. The broadcaster was both dismissive and disrepectful to the caller and after the caller ended his call, the on-air personality actually made a comment that was racist in nature. At that point, I erased the station from my car radio's memory, as I have no desire to listen to a station that so negatively impacted our state's long-term finances and that apparently tolerated racist on-air comments on the part of their employees.
Yes, if it was the guy on in the morning, it was Jim Gearhart. There is indeed lots of obvious racist content, from callers and hosts, on this station. I very, very seldom listen to it.

Thank God for satellite radio.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:13 AM

20,250 posts, read 19,821,292 times
Their commentators are certainly no fans of NJ's career, multi-public-job holding politicians, public worker's union bosses and similar all-powerful interests in NJ.

The feeling is mutual as the aforementioned don't like what's said about them on 101.5.

Go figure.

I don't know of any other media outlet that focuses on NJ's political scene.

There's more to the region than NYC and Philly.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:23 AM

50,339 posts, read 35,975,050 times
Well, the ones in the afternoon have been gone for a couple months now. The afternoon guys now do not really talk politics, but pretty benign subjects now and nothing remotely controversial.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:05 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,016,346 times
I hate politics because all it does is promote dirt-throwing. Anyway, the people on that station were always so annoying that I never even took notice to the political aspects of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey