Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 02:35 AM

9,005 posts, read 13,759,992 times

Advertisements

Maybe I shouldn't bring this up,but I think some of the hostility could be because some too this day associate Indians with Pakistanis,and pakistan is known for terrorists.

In any event,love working with Indian docs,could ask them anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 04:21 PM

201 posts, read 617,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Indians seem to be more inclusive then hispanics imo.
First,they at least make an effort to learn English. When I work sometimes the Spanish speaker demands another spanish speaking nurse without even trying to communicate with me. The indians that I come across do try,they don't demand an Indian speaking nurse.

As far as education levels and Indians looking down on people,I have experienced the Chinese Americans doing that way more than Indians. They will talk down to you,or if you express an interest not common to (in my case,black) they look at you sideways.

As far as them self segregating,every group does it,so not sure what some are talking about.
Most of Newark has black people,Jews and Chinese americans in Livingston,Belleville has the Italians.
Since India was a british colony, most indians can speak english because its mandatory in most schools in India even though Hindi is the national language currently. But as for most of the observations on asians on this thread, I think it is a cultural thing. When you grow up in a highly densely populated area, its either you survive or be killed. Its that mentality that brought these hard working immigrants to America. Should they act differently? No, why should they, America is where you have freedom of expression and the right to do anything you want. Its part of the US constitution and the right to be an American. Some of the complaints like why are asians so frugual or haggle in the supermarket. Whats wrong with that? There is a reason why India and China were the only two countries to have not bought mortgage cdo's and subprime mortgage crap. Its because they are frugal and understood the value of money. Its the reason why India and China never expereinced a huge recession like how the US did in '08 or how Europe is now experiencing. Being frugal is a good thing and I think it would be good cultural thing to be ammalgamated into American culture.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:43 AM

129 posts, read 378,938 times
LOL. Indians DO speak English.........what an effort!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey