Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 01:15 AM

4,285 posts, read 10,735,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasDoc View Post
Still exactly the same. I don't think it's worth a 20+ minute drive, but definitely great for a quick bite out to eat.

Dare I say... I like 5 Guys more...
5 guys schtick gets old very quickly. The workers and all the annoying slang gets old very quickly to me.

It is basically forced slang to appeal to the customers and to appear like a local place. Rubs me the wrong way for some reason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 06:36 AM

41 posts, read 128,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
5 guys schtick gets old very quickly. The workers and all the annoying slang gets old very quickly to me.

It is basically forced slang to appeal to the customers and to appear like a local place. Rubs me the wrong way for some reason

The fireplace employs similar slang...

Old 10-16-2011, 11:10 AM

88,224 posts, read 84,144,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
What place is that? The lady's family is in Shrewsbury, always looking for new places to explore and grab a good burger.
The Windmill--the original one that actually looks like a windmill in Long Branch on the corner of Ocean and Brighton (West End section). There are other "Windmills" around, but they are sort of in storefronts. I guess they made a chain out of it. I've only ever been to the original one.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post

LOL, now you've got me curious. I never even heard of Five Guys until I read a thread on C-D arguing over fast food places, and I thought it must be a chain out west or something. Two days later I'm driving up Route 35 and there was a Five Guys.

I haven't tried it yet. Curious as to this slang thing.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:01 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,057,986 times
Nothing beats the Hot Grill's slang "One all the way, one! Frenchy!"

Old 10-16-2011, 05:10 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,022,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The Windmill--the original one that actually looks like a windmill in Long Branch on the corner of Ocean and Brighton (West End section). There are other "Windmills" around, but they are sort of in storefronts. I guess they made a chain out of it. I've only ever been to the original one.
Will have to try that one! Been to the Red Bank location for cheesefries after a few too many at Branigans

Old 10-16-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
LOL, now you've got me curious. I never even heard of Five Guys until I read a thread on C-D arguing over fast food places, and I thought it must be a chain out west or something. Two days later I'm driving up Route 35 and there was a Five Guys.

That the one by The Grove? That's probably the least awesome one I've been to. It's not bad by any means, their burgers are pretty good. But the hype is just that, hype. Worth a try for sure, but don't expect a burger that's gonna blow your brains to bits.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Nothing beats the Hot Grill's slang "One all the way, one! Frenchy!"
That'll never get old.

This thread is making me hungry...

Old 10-16-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
That the one by The Grove? That's probably the least awesome one I've been to. It's not bad by any means, their burgers are pretty good. But the hype is just that, hype. Worth a try for sure, but don't expect a burger that's gonna blow your brains to bits.
Yes. There's another on 35 south that I pass when I visit a friend in Middletown.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,675,889 times
Quote:

I just tried Five Guys for the first time the other night and for fast food, it was very good. Warning: If you are going with others only get one order of fries - they gave me enough to feed a small country! I actually thought it was a bit wasteful.

And I LOVE the Fireplace. My parents used to bowl in a league at what used to be Paramus Lanes when I was a little girl and we always used to go there after. I like that they kept it the same. Very nostalgic (and the food is still good too!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey