Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 08:34 AM

614 posts, read 1,370,360 times

Advertisements

Their systems better be updated I put 4 quarters in it last week and it didn't register. I do have an EZ Pass but don't use it all the time, I bet I will get charged from my acct. plus the $1.00 I put in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 08:55 AM

1,602 posts, read 4,144,314 times
You can get dollars in coin form at any bank, or EZ Pass booth ... I have gone up to toll booths before, given the guy a $10.00 in exchange for my $1.00 toll fee, and $9.00 back in dollar-coins. Making it easier to go through "exact change" only going on.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:53 AM

112 posts, read 326,845 times
Other states have been doing as well.

For example, in pa they have 'ez-pass only' exits on the pa turnpike.

then again, practically everybody has ezpass nowadays and you'd be insane not to as the cash lanes have ridiculous wait times.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:45 AM

105 posts, read 286,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
Their systems better be updated I put 4 quarters in it last week and it didn't register. I do have an EZ Pass but don't use it all the time, I bet I will get charged from my acct. plus the $1.00 I put in.
Choosing to pay cash is one thing, choosing to use an ezpass is another, but why would you choose to purchase an EZ-Pass and pay cash? I don't see how this is beneficial financially or time wise unless you don't want something showing up on your EZ-Pass statement? Or perhaps the EZ-Pass belongs to your employer? I'm just curious if you would care to enlighten me on this.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:55 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,456,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
the GSP will no longer allow you to mail in your toll amount if you don't have exact change
hahahaha! i hadnt heard this one. is this what people who dont want to pay the toll are theoretically doing?

i was surprised to hear of this because i thought it was already happening.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:07 PM

1,612 posts, read 3,740,012 times
So you want to pay someone 75K (with overtime), benefits and pension because you do not realize that when you get on a toll road, you need to have money? Jeez, do people need the government hold their hand every step of the way for everything?

Old 10-17-2011, 10:28 PM

10,218 posts, read 19,094,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
I'm all for the fines for those that infact "DO" violate the tolls. Fair is fair. If the money doesn't register and you did toss in the money, you can fight it. It will take a long time, but you can do it.
Yeah, you can fight it. And while you're fighting it, it will happen ten more times, and you'll have to fight each one of them. The exact change buckets fail more often than not, at least at the East Orange tolls.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:31 AM

614 posts, read 1,370,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baruchel23 View Post
Choosing to pay cash is one thing, choosing to use an ezpass is another, but why would you choose to purchase an EZ-Pass and pay cash? I don't see how this is beneficial financially or time wise unless you don't want something showing up on your EZ-Pass statement? Or perhaps the EZ-Pass belongs to your employer? I'm just curious if you would care to enlighten me on this.

I have EZ-Pass yes, but sometimes it's in my other car. I used the GSP and NJTP quit a bit it was depelting my funds. I had to keep adding more to the acct, CC bills are getting higher and higher so I try not to use the EZ-Pass as much. Use that tag two or three times a day everyday the money goes quick and the card gets charged and well we know how that goes.

Does that make sense?

Old 10-18-2011, 09:49 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,060,618 times
Good for NJ, and good for the Parkway. I hope that this experiment is a tremendous success and that other states turn their toll roads into cashless toll roads. For those who worry about the loss of jobs, I say take the money saved from salaries, healthcare, and pensions, and use it for badly-needed roadway maintenance, improvements, and expansion.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:06 PM

5,815 posts, read 12,570,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
Good for NJ, and good for the Parkway. I hope that this experiment is a tremendous success and that other states turn their toll roads into cashless toll roads. For those who worry about the loss of jobs, I say take the money saved from salaries, healthcare, and pensions, and use it for badly-needed roadway maintenance, improvements, and expansion.
I know many people hate toll workers BUT I wonder if this is cost effective. It cost over 500 million 15 years ago and we(the state) has to pay millions a year.
-Z Pass Deal In New Jersey Is Not So Easy
By MELODY PETERSEN
Published: March 23, 1997

While drivers using the E-Z Pass electronic payment system glide through tollbooths at New York City bridges and tunnels and on the Gov. Thomas E. Dewey Thruway, a battle over a lucrative contract to bring E-Z Pass to New Jersey's fabled toll roads could keep drivers there fumbling for change for many months to come.
New Jersey lawmakers are expected to give final approval Monday to legislation that would clear the way for officials to award a contract worth almost $500 million to a Moorestown, N.J., company, MFS Transtech, and the Chase Manhattan Bank to build and operate the electronic toll system on the Garden State Parkway and the New Jersey Turnpike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey