Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 06:06 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,005,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillsideResident View Post
My only issue with South Brunswick is the drive. I live in union county with family in S. Brunswick. All seems well until we hit Route 1 and the lights. What should be a quick drive as its not THAT far away ends up well over the hour mark. I've gotten to the point that I avoid visiting the family down there if I don't have to. I know its terrible to say. But route 1's lights are painful and then it goes from 4 lanes to 2 lanes and always has congestion even in the wee hours of the morning.

My niece went to the schools there. She missed the diversity of her home in Union when she moved down there.
This!

I lived on Franklin Park/Kendall Park border, and when we got off the Turnpike Exit 9, it still tool another 23 min to get home. We enjoy North Jersey, and the shore, with that being said, it was a real drag that it would take 20+ min to "start" the trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 02:14 PM

300 posts, read 911,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
The problem with Route 1 through South Brunswick specifically is the fact that it is narrow only for that six mile stretch. Heading south from North Brunswick, it narrows from three lanes to two each way, then widens back up again once you get down to Plainsboro. So it is essentially an hourglass, and with it wider on both sides except for this one stretch, it becomes a Royal P.I.T.A. to drive.
Rt 1 in south brunswick is not worse than any stretches of rt 1 with traffic lights (obviously the one between walmart in north brunswick going north to plainfield avenue would be faster because of no TL). There are many worse sections: 571 junction, plainfield avenue etc.

Keep in mind south brunswick is big town with southern end right on exit 8A, so if you are somewhere on 522, better option is to take TPK all the way till 8A and then go to the town through rt 130 and 522.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:31 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,172,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
This!

I lived on Franklin Park/Kendall Park border, and when we got off the Turnpike Exit 9, it still tool another 23 min to get home. We enjoy North Jersey, and the shore, with that being said, it was a real drag that it would take 20+ min to "start" the trip.
LOL! South Brunswick is not right off the Turnpike or any other interstate highway. Why would you expect to be home or close to home as soon as you took the exit. It is a probelm with setting the expectation; not with the location.

If access to highway is a priority, South Brunswick should not be on the top list. It is 15-20 minutes from both 95 and 287 (again, depends on where exactly one lives in South Brunswick). From Dayton/Monmouth Junction, one could be on 95 in under 5 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey