Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 04:05 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,019,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
No its going to be Electric , they determined that the Diesel option down the Road would cause alot of issues , alot of people in this region wanted a one seat ride , and the Buy America Rail car company went bankrupt....so it became cheaper to Electrify then go Diesel. The Bergen - Passaic LRT will be Diesel , along with all the South Jersey LRT extensions. All the Hudson - Bergen LRT extensions and the Newark LRT extensions will be Electric. The Track will be replaced from North Bergen to Cresskill and Double Tracked... The only town opposing now is Teanfly , although Cresskill wants a station now....so that might put pressure on Tenafly. Englewood has begun redeveloping along the tracks , along with Ridgefield park , so there now waiting for the line to be built.
Oh nice, good to know it'll offer a one seat ride now. Guessing they'll reconfigured the loop at Tonelle Ave and have the line enter the North Bergen yard. Curious as to how they'll lay it all out given how the line will enter the yard from the east and exits the yard from the west, crossing under the CSX River Line.

No surprise that precious Tenafly is still opposing it... Good on Cresskill for wanting a station! I'd really see the LRT go all the way up the remainder of the line, there's some gorgeous old stations as you head north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 07:42 PM

10,219 posts, read 19,099,828 times
Quote:
They don't have to share anymore , the last company NS served left , so now they have that part to themselves. There will be a few extensions into East Orange and West Orange along the Abandoned NS track.
That'll be a good trick; there's no longer a bridge over the NJT Montclair line, and the line terminates in Orange.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:03 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,751,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
Oh nice, good to know it'll offer a one seat ride now. Guessing they'll reconfigured the loop at Tonelle Ave and have the line enter the North Bergen yard. Curious as to how they'll lay it all out given how the line will enter the yard from the east and exits the yard from the west, crossing under the CSX River Line.

No surprise that precious Tenafly is still opposing it... Good on Cresskill for wanting a station! I'd really see the LRT go all the way up the remainder of the line, there's some gorgeous old stations as you head north.
CSX is moving there yard to provide room for the LRT , I think thats included in the cost. Hench why it costs 900 Million , most of that is paying CSX to move there yard... The Cost of the LRT itself is only 600 Million.... As for the loop it will still be there , used as a turn around point , there will be another branch that will go to Secaucus / Meadowlands , that will run south of the loop and elevated... I don't see Tenafly winning this battle , with the whole Northern Valley slowly getting angry at them. I know Closter and as far north as Piermont have expressed interest in the line.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
That'll be a good trick; there's no longer a bridge over the NJT Montclair line, and the line terminates in Orange.
Indeed the bridge is gone , but the ROW is preserved....and knowing NS they'll give it to NJT for the cheap... Restoring the bridge means they would add a station there to connect to Wateseeing Avenue.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:46 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,019,004 times
Quote:
CSX is moving there yard to provide room for the LRT , I think thats included in the cost. Hench why it costs 900 Million , most of that is paying CSX to move there yard... The Cost of the LRT itself is only 600 Million.... As for the loop it will still be there , used as a turn around point , there will be another branch that will go to Secaucus / Meadowlands , that will run south of the loop and elevated... I don't see Tenafly winning this battle , with the whole Northern Valley slowly getting angry at them. I know Closter and as far north as Piermont have expressed interest in the line.
Wow, that's pretty intense, moving an entire yard over ha.

Secaucus/Meadowlands branch would be nice, I'm guessing there'd likely be a connection at Secaucus Jct?

I don't see Tenafly winning it either, they'll be the lone holdouts and will eventually have to succumb. Just mirrors the attitude of that town... Piermont interested?? That'd be something to see that entire branch restored, especially with that walking/bike path in place now at the state line.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
Wow, that's pretty intense, moving an entire yard over ha.

Secaucus/Meadowlands branch would be nice, I'm guessing there'd likely be a connection at Secaucus Jct?

I don't see Tenafly winning it either, they'll be the lone holdouts and will eventually have to succumb. Just mirrors the attitude of that town... Piermont interested?? That'd be something to see that entire branch restored, especially with that walking/bike path in place now at the state line.
That Secaucus Branch at least from the North Bergen loop would not go to the JCT. However the proposed Jersey City 6th Street / Bergen Arches Branch would go to Secaucus JCT , the reasoning behind that is the demand on the PATH when the Journal SQ redevelopment is completed will be to great so another line will be needed. Piermont has expressed interest in the line , mainly due to Tourism.... Norwood , Cresskill , Closter and Haworth want it for Redevelopment proposes....and to boost there towns. I guess the TOD trend has made them jealous , the proposed West shore line north of Bergenfield has no room for TOD at least in NJ , so towns like Closter and Norwood would be out of luck.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:03 PM

376 posts, read 662,508 times
not a fan of new jersey transit period especially the train and this is one of the reasons. i'll be damned if i'm on a jersey transit train and i have to see somebody get hit by the train. never seen gore in person and i don't plan on seeing it. i rather stick with the bus or the path train.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:13 PM

7,053 posts, read 19,207,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
not a fan of new jersey transit period especially the train and this is one of the reasons. i'll be damned if i'm on a jersey transit train and i have to see somebody get hit by the train. never seen gore in person and i don't plan on seeing it. i rather stick with the bus or the path train.
I've seen someone get hit by a bus, and that wasn't pretty either.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
How is it there fault when a person trespasses and gets hit?

Old 10-24-2011, 06:50 PM

831 posts, read 2,816,954 times
Quote:
alot of people in this region wanted a one seat ride .
I would love a one ride seat, why should I have to share.
I can't tell you how many times I have to share a seat because the conductors keep some cars closed so they can use them to talk when they're not collecting tickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey