Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:55 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,090,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
I would love a one ride seat, why should I have to share.
I can't tell you how many times I have to share a seat because the conductors keep some cars closed so they can use them to talk when they're not collecting tickets.
One-seat ride means you don't have to transfer.

In Bergen County, train riders have to transfer at Secaucus, whereas riders on other lines mostly have a direct ride to Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 11:04 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,019,004 times
Quote:
I can't tell you how many times I have to share a seat because the conductors keep some cars closed so they can use them to talk when they're not collecting tickets.
You really don't get out much do you...

Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
That Secaucus Branch at least from the North Bergen loop would not go to the JCT. However the proposed Jersey City 6th Street / Bergen Arches Branch would go to Secaucus JCT , the reasoning behind that is the demand on the PATH when the Journal SQ redevelopment is completed will be to great so another line will be needed. Piermont has expressed interest in the line , mainly due to Tourism.... Norwood , Cresskill , Closter and Haworth want it for Redevelopment proposes....and to boost there towns. I guess the TOD trend has made them jealous , the proposed West shore line north of Bergenfield has no room for TOD at least in NJ , so towns like Closter and Norwood would be out of luck.
Interesting, where in Secaucus would that El branch go then?

Funny trying to think about the area I grew up in having rail access again. A station in Norwood? Woulda loved that when I was 16 going to punk shows in the city!

I don't know that I could even see much need of that along the River/West Shore Line north of Bergenfield. But along that old Erie branch, different story.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
not a fan of new jersey transit period especially the train and this is one of the reasons. i'll be damned if i'm on a jersey transit train and i have to see somebody get hit by the train. never seen gore in person and i don't plan on seeing it. i rather stick with the bus or the path train.
Right, cause you'll be in the cab with the train's engineer and have to watch that person's life end by way of a locomotive you are in as much control of as possible. And it happens every single day on every single run that every single train makes, EVER. SO MANY PEOPLE GETTING KILLED BY MURDEROUS TRAINS AND THE PASSENGERS WHO COMPLAIN ARE THE INNOCENT VICTEMS!!!

Totally the same thing, right?

Do the entire state a favor, and stay in your weird-as-crap little world that exists in your lonely home.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:17 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,751,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
Interesting, where in Secaucus would that El branch go then?

Funny trying to think about the area I grew up in having rail access again. A station in Norwood? Woulda loved that when I was 16 going to punk shows in the city!

I don't know that I could even see much need of that along the River/West Shore Line north of Bergenfield. But along that old Erie branch, different story.
Well there's a massive population boom along the River line in Orangeburg , Valley Cottage , Haverstraw , and Newburgh. Half those commuters work in Urban Jersey , 80% of the people who live in the Northern Valley work in Jersey City / Wall Street. Currently most of those people drive down which is estimated to be between 80-120,000 people from Eastern Bergen County and Rockland county and its growing.

Here's a map of the system NJT originally proposed....of course they are not going to go with the Meadowlands alinement anymore....

Old 10-25-2011, 12:36 AM

376 posts, read 662,508 times
Quote:
Right, cause you'll be in the cab with the train's engineer and have to watch that person's life end by way of a locomotive you are in as much control of as possible. And it happens every single day on every single run that every single train makes, EVER. SO MANY PEOPLE GETTING KILLED BY MURDEROUS TRAINS AND THE PASSENGERS WHO COMPLAIN ARE THE INNOCENT VICTEMS!!!

Totally the same thing, right?

Do the entire state a favor, and stay in your weird-as-crap little world that exists in your lonely home.
SHUT UP!

where the hell did you pull all this from?

all i said is that i'm not a fan of nj transit trains and this is one of the reasons. it would be best to shut up if you can't understand what i wrote. i don't want to see someone get hit by a train. where the hell did you see me say that i was an innocent victim and that i was trying to dehumanize the people that have been hit by trains? are you sure you're not the one with the problem?

sometimes i wonder if people on this forum just have nothing better than to argue or take out their frustrations on other people for no reason.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Closing cars off when its off peak travel times is a way to save $$$$. They do not go there to talk , the lights and HVAC are turned off. They usually close the front car off , which is the engineer car...so when they go in there to talk , its to the Engineer or use the bathroom.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:07 AM

Quote:
SHUT UP!

all i said is that i'm not a fan of nj transit trains and this is one of the reasons. it would be best to shut up if you can't understand what i wrote. i don't want to see someone get hit by a train. where the hell did you see me say that i was an innocent victim and that i was trying to dehumanize the people that have been hit by trains? are you sure you're not the one with the problem?

sometimes i wonder if people on this forum just have nothing better than to argue or take out their frustrations on other people for no reason.
90% of the time you wouldn't see anybody get hit by anything....

Old 10-25-2011, 07:37 AM

88,003 posts, read 83,827,560 times
Quote:
You really don't get out much do you...
LOL, I think that was trolling at its most elementary!

Old 10-25-2011, 02:40 PM

831 posts, read 2,816,954 times
Quote:
SHUT UP!

Don't take it personally, I don't. Some people feel powerful and cool posting non-stop at message boards. Let them have their fun, if that's all they have.
Keep posting your opinions and ignore the ridiculous people, you don't even know them.
Everyone calls me a troll because I don't spend hours posting clever sounding comments, but who cares, I just post quick things when i'm bored at work. This forum is not real life, none of these people would say any of this to your face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey