Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:48 PM

831 posts, read 2,825,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Closing cars off when its off peak travel times is a way to save $$$$. They do not go there to talk , the lights and HVAC are turned off. They usually close the front car off , which is the engineer car...so when they go in there to talk , its to the Engineer or use the bathroom.
That's what it should be, but I see them in there with the lights on, chatting on the Montclair Line. When the train is so packed that everyone is cramped like sardines, it's time to open up the car and let people get a seat.

Today, on my double decker, the first car was closed up and 4 conductors went into the car after we passed Newark Broad and talked with the lights on. I saw people standing when we got to Secaucus because there were no more seats. Some conductors just like sitting after awhile so they hold a car for themselves.

I wouldn't be so upset, if my ticket wasn't so outrageously priced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 02:25 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Your ticket is cheap. I pay $106 more a month than you do.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:01 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,028,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
SHUT UP!

where the hell did you pull all this from?

all i said is that i'm not a fan of nj transit trains and this is one of the reasons. it would be best to shut up if you can't understand what i wrote. i don't want to see someone get hit by a train. where the hell did you see me say that i was an innocent victim and that i was trying to dehumanize the people that have been hit by trains? are you sure you're not the one with the problem?

sometimes i wonder if people on this forum just have nothing better than to argue or take out their frustrations on other people for no reason.
Ha, I was just pointing out how ridiculous your reasoning was with something equally ridiculous. It's called exaggeration for the sake of comparison.

I have no frustrations to take out on anyone, especially someone afraid of big scary commuter trains

Old 10-25-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
Don't take it personally, I don't. Some people feel powerful and cool posting non-stop at message boards. Let them have their fun, if that's all they have.
Keep posting your opinions and ignore the ridiculous people, you don't even know them.
Everyone calls me a troll because I don't spend hours posting clever sounding comments, but who cares, I just post quick things when i'm bored at work. This forum is not real life, none of these people would say any of this to your face.
No people call you a troll because you come off as one with your attitude. Nobody here sits on the forums, watching and waiting for the chance to pounce. Mostly everyone is bored at work, or there's crap on TV.

But hey, keep feeling good about yourself any way you need.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:28 PM

831 posts, read 2,825,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Your ticket is cheap. I pay $106 more a month than you do.
Well I feel bad for you, but almost $200 for the service I get is way too much.
All I ask is that these conductors do their jobs. I ride the train every single day and every single day I see something unbelievable and these people are in most cases making way more than me for such a low skill job.

My experience with forgetting my ticket was a one time thing, but these conductors are lazy and non friendly everyday I ride.

I can't drive my car into the city, so i'm thinking of switching to the bus, but the bus has limited seating and no parking lot, so I haven't made the move yet.

I also have to pay $104 for a monthly metro in NYC and I don't have nearly the same experience on the subway cars. Those trains aren't staffed with 5+ incompetent conductors.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post

Here's a map of the system NJT originally proposed....of course they are not going to go with the Meadowlands alinement anymore....
Wow, a passenger rail station in Norwood. I used to railfan on the River Line around there, rode our bikes up and down from Harrington Park well up into Rockland County on the former second track's ROW. I remember my buddy and I came across a train awaiting a relief crew, heard from an engineer on that line about a proposal to re-install a second track and bring passenger service. That musta been 1993!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:55 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Well I feel bad for you, but almost $200 for the service I get is way too much.
All I ask is that these conductors do their jobs. I ride the train every single day and every single day I see something unbelievable and these people are in most cases making way more than me for such a low skill job.

My experience with forgetting my ticket was a one time thing, but these conductors are lazy and non friendly everyday I ride.

I can't drive my car into the city, so i'm thinking of switching to the bus, but the bus has limited seating and no parking lot, so I haven't made the move yet.

I also have to pay $104 for a monthly metro in NYC and I don't have nearly the same experience on the subway cars. Those trains aren't staffed with 5+ incompetent conductors.
You sound very self entitled , spoiled and need a reality check.....but then again i'm not surprised this is coming from someone who uses the Montclair line. The Conductors have a nickname for that line "Snobs Express" ,and the " Party Express" , they put up with so much crap on that line.... And you don't know what there jobs are....its not a low skill job , its a high skill job and a semi dangerous job.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:11 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
That's what it should be, but I see them in there with the lights on, chatting on the Montclair Line. When the train is so packed that everyone is cramped like sardines, it's time to open up the car and let people get a seat.

Today, on my double decker, the first car was closed up and 4 conductors went into the car after we passed Newark Broad and talked with the lights on. I saw people standing when we got to Secaucus because there were no more seats. Some conductors just like sitting after awhile so they hold a car for themselves.

I wouldn't be so upset, if my ticket wasn't so outrageously priced.
1. I doubt the train was so packed , everyone was packed like sardines , that only happens on the NEC. Maybe there weren't any isolated seats.....that you can have to yourself...

After Newark Board Street they can take a break , at least to Secaucus.... Opening one car would do very little for the crowds at Secaucus....

3. Your ticket isn't over Priced you use one of the cheapest lines.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:23 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,247,844 times
Quote:
When the train is so packed that everyone is cramped like sardines, it's time to open up the car and let people get a seat.
Unless you've taken a train ride in major cities in Japan or China during rush hour you have no idea what it means to be crammed like sardines in train. Google japan subway pushers and look at some pictures or videos, that's what it feels like to be sardines in train and it totally sucks ass because it's hard to breath and everyone is touching you as you are touching them but interesting experience...will let you relate to what crammed like sardines actually feel like.

Officially these guys are called push man and young man who are paid part-time to shove people into train.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:24 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,247,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
No people call you a troll because you come off as one with your attitude. Nobody here sits on the forums, watching and waiting for the chance to pounce. Mostly everyone is bored at work, or there's crap on TV.

But hey, keep feeling good about yourself any way you need.
Why you lying, we are all sitting here staring at our monitors, waiting for this person to log in and post something so we can jump all over it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey