Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 08:14 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,474,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
In the south in particular things like disease, mental illness, sexuality, family dysfunction, etc are not part of everyday coversation
No just in the country music

Old 08-24-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
this thread was intended to be a *joke* right? .....

Jersey Devil, curses, bad fortune.....get real.

OP : You forgot to add "and if you send this to Seven friends within seven minute, Good fortune will find you" ROTFLMAO !!!!
Ok so what would you do if you ever lost your 'new home' for example?
Everybody's got their achilles heel.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
.........LOL.............What are you doing in PA? You should be south of the mason-dixon!!!!!
I was at one time and I actually started to see things improve slightly,then a big bad magnet pulled me back up here to torture me some more

Old 08-24-2007, 09:15 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,089,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Ok so what would you do if you ever lost your 'new home' for example?
Everybody's got their achilles heel.
That makes FL pretty unlucky then (major hurricane every other year). And let's not even get started about New Orleans.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!! Now that was funny. That reminds me of the joke, "What do you get when you play a country & western record backward?" "You get your wife back, your dog back and your job back."

No, I don't believe New Jerseyans are cursed. I do think a lot of people have very hard times and then we question why it all happened. So I feel for you. I know life can be hard sometimes. I personally don't think it has anything to do with a specific state. Just my $.02.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:52 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
OMG!!!!!!!!!! Now that was funny. That reminds me of the joke, "What do you get when you play a country & western record backward?" "You get your wife back, your dog back and your job back."

No, I don't believe New Jerseyans are cursed. I do think a lot of people have very hard times and then we question why it all happened. So I feel for you. I know life can be hard sometimes. I personally don't think it has anything to do with a specific state. Just my $.02.
I'd say it's simply Law of Attraction at work here. Like attracts like- just by the nickname "Stuck in PA", that hints that the OP doesn't like where he(?) is and has a crummy outlook. When that kind of negativity is pervasive in a major area of one's life, negativity starts showing up in other areas, too. Sometimes it shows up as bad luck.

Just a thought...

Old 08-24-2007, 08:54 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
I'd say it's simply Law of Attraction at work here. Like attracts like- just by the nickname "Stuck in PA", that hints that the OP doesn't like where he(?) is and has a crummy outlook. When that kind of negativity is pervasive in a major area of one's life, negativity starts showing up in other areas, too. Sometimes it shows up as bad luck.

Just a thought...
YES! self fulfilling prophecy, if you will...

Old 08-24-2007, 09:01 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,805 times
Question Money Magnet

Quote:
I was at one time and I actually started to see things improve slightly,then a big bad magnet pulled me back up here to torture me some more
Wondering what was that "big bad magnet" ? Any chance it was a big fat paycheck ?

I'm told the salaries in NJ/NY metro area are much greater than in other part of the US. I read that you live in Lake Hiawatha & you're making over 100k. Torture? Then you must have in-laws like mine

Live long & Prosper ! Life must be good for you as well.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:53 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
this thread was intended to be a *joke* right? .....

Jersey Devil, curses, bad fortune.....get real.

OP : You forgot to add "and if you send this to Seven friends within seven minute, Good fortune will find you" ROTFLMAO !!!!
Jersey Devil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See there really is a Jersey Devil! True, I never heard of it until a friend from Philly told me about it.

Diane

Old 08-24-2007, 09:59 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
Quote:
That is so True!! And can you believe the ones who sing it own huge Mansions here in Nashville, Brentwood, and Franklin.
I like Alan Jackson's house the best. Its a Huge Estate.
Pictures of Alan Jackson's House, Bus and Garage

I have seen it.

Diane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey