Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:34 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone65 View Post
Nashville is not a bad place as far as the South goes, but please, do not compare Nashville to NJ.
Tennessee's idea of culture is Hee Haw.
Yes, TN is cheaper, as is most everywhere else in this country. The point is that you get what you pay for in NJ (except for the taxes)
You are so so wrong. You need to come here to find the truth. That is what people make you think-'
Ex-http://www.fristcenter.org/site/default.aspx
Nashville Symphony Orchestra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TPAC
Tennessee State Museum
we Even have an Exact Replica of the Parthenon
Parthenon (Nashville - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
The Music found here is evert type and record labels galor. That's why its called Music City.
Typical NJ ignorance. Sounds like you never ever left NJ to explore anywhere. I would hate to be stuck in one place. I'll be visiting Europe in the Spring.
In NJ you only get F---- You fill in the blanks
Also instead of taking the lottery money that NJ is supposed to spend on education, TN gives all students that have graduated from a TN HS with a 3.0 or more(4.0) scale,( not the 5.0 one Manalapan made up to make it look higher), a $4000 a year lottery schlorship and this has nothing to do with Financial Aid, all get it.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:07 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,089,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
In Manalapan the restaurants sucked, I always had to go out of Town. In 09 I have to plan my sons rehersal dinner in Jamesburg/ Princeton/ Manalapan area. I can't think of a single restaurant I would call good.
NJ has lost its relocation Market, Thats why the housing market there has sunk. Look at all the people here Pming people to buy their homes.

Diane
I have come to notice that whenever you bring up a bad experience you usually reference the 'Manalapan' area.

-Manalapan restaurants may suck (I really would have no idea) and I'm sure you wouldn't be able to think of good restaurants in that area but that is such a tiny insignificant corner of the state, why would you limit your search to so small an area(relative to the rest of the state). NJ has PLENTY of world class restaurants, it's almost as if you don't want to know:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/29/earlyshow/contributors/bobbyflay/main1763068.shtmlAnd (broken link)

ps: I'm not sure if you notice this but the housing market has sunk ALL across the US.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
You are so so wrong. You need to come here to find the truth. That is what people make you think-'
Ex-http://www.fristcenter.org/site/default.aspx
Nashville Symphony Orchestra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TPAC
Tennessee State Museum
we Even have an Exact Replica of the Parthenon
Parthenon (Nashville - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
The Music found here is evert type and record labels galor. That's why its called Music City.
Typical NJ ignorance. Sounds like you never ever left NJ to explore anywhere. I would hate to be stuck in one place. I'll be visiting Europe in the Spring.
In NJ you only get F---- You fill in the blanks
Also instead of taking the lottery money that NJ is supposed to spend on education, TN gives all students that have graduated from a TN HS with a 3.0 or more(4.0) scale,( not the 5.0 one Manalapan made up to make it look higher), a $4000 a year lottery schlorship and this has nothing to do with Financial Aid, all get it.
You would call someone else 'ignorant' but when you have anything bad to say about NJ it is so concentrated on the 'Manalapan' area, as if that's the representative region of everything Jersey.
When you knock NJ, it's perfectly fine in your eyes. BUT...when we knock precious Tennessee, you see it as: "typical NJ ignorance.." (I don't get it)

Old 08-29-2007, 08:10 AM

468 posts, read 580,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
When you knock NJ, it's perfectly fine in your eyes. BUT...when we knock precious Tennessee, you see it as: "typical NJ ignorance.." (I don't get it)
Everyone knocks NJ But southerners 'don't take kindly' to the pushy northern states

Old 08-29-2007, 08:41 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
I am sure she would say (Diane) that Northern NJ sucks too!!! And it does I lived there and it sucked. These people are so out of touch in Northern NJ, they are concerned with their BMW, or boob job. I have seen a couple of good boob jobs, but a lot of jerks who cant go over 55 with that great BMW. Defective driving gene I call it. I agree Diane and add North Jersey to your list.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:49 AM

468 posts, read 580,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I am sure she would say (Diane) that Northern NJ sucks too!!! And it does I lived there and it sucked. These people are so out of touch in Northern NJ, they are concerned with their BMW, or boob job. I have seen a couple of good boob jobs, but a lot of jerks who cant go over 55 with that great BMW. Defective driving gene I call it. I agree Diane and add North Jersey to your list.
The reasons they don't want to go over 55 in their Beemers is 1)Don't wanna wreck it.I've seen dudes in sportscars who do the same,you would think they'd wanna take it to it's limits.) 2)Can't afford speeding tickets as this would put them more over their already maxed out debts

Old 08-29-2007, 09:30 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
or the defective driving gene!

Old 08-29-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Steve, I should add Northern NJ also because we had family there and whenever my husband went there he said he would never live in NJ.
flashfoward 18 years on LI , we went to a party in Marlboro area and decided to buy there. For 10 years its was great there and more and more came from SI , And yes they had as you mentioned. I do find when driving there that North Jersey drivers were thee worst. I find the young people thare artificial and my friend her orginally from San Fransisco agree's the young people here are so more courteous.
Yesterday I had to Change my daughters dorm at the University in which they graciuosly made a quick change dispite the fact that they had an entire bookload to move around. I wanted her in the Freshman dorm because it had more security. She told me her roommate was leaving the room at 3am to smoke and was coming in at all hours. Her roommate who was orginally from Philly and LA was also drinking, both are not allowed on Campus. When we moved to the new dorm, 10 young people helped to move her on. None would accept money. This would not happen in NJ, they may help but they would take the money.
I site Manalpan, meaning Freehold, Marlboro. I sure don't want to travel all over to eat out. Also, most of the Culture you site is NYC which NJ isn't. Only LI can take that credit because its in THEIR state. NJ isn't in NY., unless you know something I don't-lol

Old 08-29-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSo View Post
The reasons they don't want to go over 55 in their Beemers is 1)Don't wanna wreck it.I've seen dudes in sportscars who do the same,you would think they'd wanna take it to it's limits.) 2)Can't afford speeding tickets as this would put them more over their already maxed out debts
True, I've found that a lot of people in NJ are phonies. They drive leased or have very high loans on cars. Sorry, I buy my cars cash, no loans. I drive Toyota's because they get good Mileage , not flashy, and have great resale value.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:

I site Manalpan, meaning Freehold, Marlboro. I sure don't want to travel all over to eat out. Also, most of the Culture you site is NYC which NJ isn't. Only LI can take that credit because its in THEIR state. NJ isn't in NY., unless you know something I don't-lol
NJ has it's own culture, to deny this is-well...strange. . Additionally, NYC is too close to be dismissed, state boundaries aren't guarded walls. We can enjoy their restaurants/nightlife, much the way they enjoy our shores/parks(theme parks and natural parks)/scenery/Atlantic City, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey