Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:16 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,472,099 times

Advertisements

I have to bring something up here that I've been noticing over the years...
Do you think there may be a curse of some sort on people from New Jersey?
Seriously I've noticed that similarity between me and most people from there.
The kind of curse where everything goes wrong,not just for a day but an ongoing thing. Like a plague of problems,things like you get a job offer far away but that turns sour then other things pile on like your mother gets cancer and you're child is diagnosed with a.d.d and so on and so on.
I notice it more due to all the traveling and moving to other states I've done,people don't seem to ever have these kinds of problems but I still did even when I didn't live in NJ!
Maybe it's the 'Jersey devil' who knows?...

Old 08-23-2007, 07:22 PM

543 posts, read 1,455,924 times
That's interesting, I've had a string of unfortunate things happen in the past few years in my family... but I never thought about attributing it to New Jersey, lol. Good and bad things happen to most everybody, that's life.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:32 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I have to bring something up here that I've been noticing over the years...
Do you think there may be a curse of some sort on people from New Jersey?
Seriously I've noticed that similarity between me and most people from there.
The kind of curse where everything goes wrong,not just for a day but an ongoing thing. Like a plague of problems,things like you get a job offer far away but that turns sour then other things pile on like your mother gets cancer and you're child is diagnosed with a.d.d and so on and so on.
I notice it more due to all the traveling and moving to other states I've done,people don't seem to ever have these kinds of problems but I still did even when I didn't live in NJ!
Maybe it's the 'Jersey devil' who knows?...
I think you are on to something. Same thing happened to us, not with the child, but with Cancer, First Relocation offer went sour, 3 years before I acually did move. Was still Tn! Oil tank was found leaking. When my husband passed over the state Line in TN, he said we are home to stay!
It looks like I'll be at my sons wedding in 09 in NJ. i'LL wear a plastic bubble and only drink bottled water, hopefully not from a NJ poluted river.My friend in Philly says it is the Jersey Devil.
Diane

Old 08-23-2007, 07:57 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
That's interesting, I've had a string of unfortunate things happen in the past few years in my family... but I never thought about attributing it to New Jersey, lol. Good and bad things happen to most everybody, that's life.
I've also had misfortunes but, like you, I'm not prepared to blame it on the ground I walk on.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I think you are on to something. Same thing happened to us, not with the child, but with Cancer, First Relocation offer went sour, 3 years before I acually did move. Was still Tn! Oil tank was found leaking. When my husband passed over the state Line in TN, he said we are home to stay!
It looks like I'll be at my sons wedding in 09 in NJ. i'LL wear a plastic bubble and only drink bottled water, hopefully not from a NJ poluted river.My friend in Philly says it is the Jersey Devil.
Diane
I guess I really started to notice it when I lived in VA,no one else seemed to relate to the 'Jersey thing'.
Unfortunately I think it may just follow us once we live in NJ,of course I was born,raised and lived there so I may be stuck with it for life. Even living in Philly sht still happens to me that just doesn't happen to anyone here. At first I thought it was like karmic,where anything I did since I was young came back to strike me almost immediately. Well here they pretty much throw caution to the wind and Nothing happens to them. I just throw up my hands and say I guess the devil must take care of his own

Old 08-23-2007, 10:09 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,747,524 times
Hate to break the news to you, StuckPA, but unfortunate events happen everyone, regardless of their birthplace.

It's called the Wonderful Journey of Life.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:56 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,926 times
NY/NJ, New England area people are more out in the open with things like disease, mental illness, STD's, personal problems, etc. In other parts of the world all of these things go on but nobody talks about it. In the south in particular things like disease, mental illness, sexuality, family dysfunction, etc are not part of everyday coversation the way they are on the "coasts". NY area people in particular tend to be more cynical on the whole about life but also more up front.

On the west coast people are very open about everything but the outlook/perspective tends to be less dark. This stuff goes on everywhere but it is most def more closeted in certain places. I have never known people from NJ to be cursed. This thinking is pretty bizarre. It's also pretty strange that people think they are living in places where these things do not occur. More of the bubble mindset.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:12 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,214 times
Thumbs down dead silence

this thread was intended to be a *joke* right? .....

Jersey Devil, curses, bad fortune.....get real.

OP : You forgot to add "and if you send this to Seven friends within seven minute, Good fortune will find you" ROTFLMAO !!!!

Old 08-24-2007, 07:32 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I just throw up my hands and say I guess the devil must take care of his own
.........LOL.............What are you doing in PA? You should be south of the mason-dixon!!!!!

Old 08-24-2007, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
Hate to break the news to you, StuckPA, but unfortunate events happen everyone, regardless of their birthplace.
It's called the Wonderful Journey of Life.
Hmm really? So what kinds of 'terrible' things have ever happened to you if I may ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey