Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:25 AM

161 posts, read 767,486 times

Advertisements

The first aid squad is up the block. Traffic doesn't really bother me at all. The street doesn't really go anywhere as it zig zags a bit.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 04:28 PM

11,336 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Not that I'm selling because I'm not, but there's a very nice development in Old Bridge (bordering Matawan), that you could find a 4 bedroom house in a development with a private pool club that only costs $375 a year. It's just for the development of 315 homes. It's called Lakeridge on route 516 and yes, we have Italians here.

If you're out tomorrow looking in Hazlet, do a mapquest to Lakeridge Drive, Matawan. It's only a 10 minute drive from your location in Hazlet. Close to the train (Matawan) and express buses on Route 9.

Last edited by Global Friend; 08-26-2007 at 06:01 AM..

Old 08-25-2007, 09:23 AM

We have not finalized the deal on the house. We have been spending some time in the neighborhood stores to learn more about the area. We asked a waiter at the Office about the area and told us that he would not recommend it. We would be better off in Middletown according to him.

He mentioned there are a lot of robberies in Hazlet. I did notice that the house has an alarm system installed. Should that be something I should be worried about?

Is crime something I should be worried about in Hazlet?

Old 08-25-2007, 04:46 PM

244 posts, read 1,050,315 times
You can talk to the local police dept for crime statistics. I think that info is easy to check up on. Also the local paper runs a police blotter. I'm really surprised that someone said there is a lot of crime in Hazlet.

Middletown is a nice town, too. It's huge with many different parts: Lincroft, Port Monmouth, Belford, etc. so you would need to know what part you are moving to.

Again, good luck with your decision. It looks like you are doing your research which is a good thing.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:08 PM

133 posts, read 713,001 times
I just moved in to the Hazlet about a month ago and its a great little town. In Fact, I looked at that same exact house and put an offer on it but the owners would not barely move from the asking price. We found a better deal elsewhere. The house has a great deck and above ground pool but the kitchen was very very small in my opinion.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:14 AM

Yeah we couldn't get them to move all too much either. The kitchen is a little small, but that'll be the first thing we update in a few years. I am not a fan of white cabinets anyway. The house was by far, the best we've seen in months. The yard, deck, pool, and the basement really sold us on the house. I really wanted a finished basement as I am a film buff and need a nice area for popcorn and surround sound.

In our price, range a house always seems to need too much work. We've seen houses that had wonderful kitchens, but no yard. We've seen houses that had nice kitchens and had a family room that had a brick floor. We saw a 5 bedroom house that had standing water in the basement.

We almost had a house in sayreville, but with rumors of the cancer cluster over there, we backed out. (Its funny, the seller made up jump through hoops and almost had us at asking price. 2 months later, the house is till on the market for 15 large less.)

Old 08-26-2007, 05:52 AM

687 posts, read 3,250,762 times
Quote:
We have not finalized the deal on the house. We have been spending some time in the neighborhood stores to learn more about the area. We asked a waiter at the Office about the area and told us that he would not recommend it. We would be better off in Middletown according to him.
Was the waiter from Middletown? My inlaws in Middletown think it is the center of the universe, far superior than anywhere else, so keep that in mind.

Quote:
We almost had a house in sayreville, but with rumors of the cancer cluster over there, we backed out. (Its funny, the seller made up jump through hoops and almost had us at asking price. 2 months later, the house is till on the market for 15 large less.)
For what its worth, those rumors have been completely unfounded.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:30 AM

Yes, he was from Middletown.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:44 PM

687 posts, read 3,250,762 times
I figured as much.

Hazlet is plenty nice. If you have a good feeling about this, then go for it. If not, then you might continue your search.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:00 PM

329 posts, read 1,442,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevityNYC View Post
The Proximity to Rt 35 concerns me a little as I've always known Rt35 as the "strip club road"
Are you sure you don't mean Rte #36? "Pumps" and that other strip joint are located there, but I can't think of any on #35 in that vicinity. Anyway, Hazlet is a very nice town with some great homes and very decent people. There is that one area off of Middle Rd. where for blocks they all go crazy with Christmas lights. it's very cool, you'll like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey