Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:47 PM

300 posts, read 910,508 times

Advertisements

stratford at Monroe community in Monroe built by Hallmark Homes.

We recently booked a lot here and chose Woods model. Would like to know if anybody else purchased here. Also would love to meet future neighbours.

Anybody considering it/was considering it, please post your comments.

To start with, here are the reasons we went for it:

- Cheaper than other macmansion around in Monroe
- like this part of Monroe because of easy access to roads, 130, 33, NJtpk
- easy access to East Windsor shopping area: Shoprite, Target, Walmart, restaurant
- 3 park and ride within 10 minutes
- like this model

Only thing I feel like I am missing is the lot size: 10000 sq ft with easement is kind of small for monroe.

Other drawback is that there is no train station nearby (though theoritically Princeton Junction can be reached in 15 minutes if someone can drop you there)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 06:40 AM

32 posts, read 113,213 times
For how much you booked for? know one friend who works on Princeton AND he bought Guilford model arounf 560K. How was your buying experience? Do they negotitate?

Old 08-27-2007, 10:39 AM

25 posts, read 186,254 times
I am also in a same boat. we like the "Wood" model and highly interested in "Stratford" community.

I will really appricate if you can post your experience/negotiating/ final price.

planning to visit community again in next week or to.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:41 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,081,698 times
Congratulations on the purchase! Good luck with the home. You are in a nice area.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:25 AM

Hi alll specially buyers at Stratford from hallmark homes,
please post your experience and negotiated locked price for your new homes. I am sure there are lots of potential buyers like me seeking these information and it will help a lot.
thanks,

Old 08-30-2007, 11:53 AM

Any one who can spread more light on stratford community?
Hi practicalposts, can you post more details...

Old 09-02-2007, 11:32 PM

300 posts, read 910,508 times
I booked when prices started from 525, my model was 550. No builder isn't negotiating at all. But you never know with market contition changing. Reading lot of negatives about hosuing market but central NJ is not bulging at all. Infact at Stratford builder increased the price and now the lots are starting form 550. Same goes for North brunswick. Good luck if you want newer house in South Brunswick.
"wood" model is kind of special, you rarely get Living room and Family together, which is exactly I wanted. This is great when you have gettogether and people are in the same room. Also the open floor plan on first floor woo'd me. The house is very long (with no living space above Garage) so you are geting "long" basement. Also I like sky light in master bath. You get full bath and study room on 1st floor.
I like this part of Monroe as you can get to all big roads easily instead of navigating through main streets of Jamesburg. Also this part of the town is more scenic witn undeveloped farms. Also this is best side of the town where you can access all the shops at East windsor (within 5 minutes).
There are comparable (50K more but you are geting bigger house with huge land) at other side of Monroe (nearby Texas Road and around Gravel Hill road) but try going aroudn taht area during commuting time (dont assume based
on weekend traffic, you are in for surprise as "main street" around the manalapan lake gets crowded around 4 pm.
Also there is no Target, walmart or any other big-box stores nearby.
Other pluses are, 8 ft basement, building at higher elevation, brick driveway, partial brick front etc.

One of the negative about the community is that the land (9000k) that comes with the lot is kind of less compared to other Monroe community, no wooded foyer or kitchen, laminated countertop, oak/birch cabinet, no recessessed lights, longer wating time for delivery (atleast 6 months), etc...

Old 09-25-2007, 09:29 PM

78 posts, read 399,567 times
Monroe is only town in middlesex county where you can find new construnctions of single family home in development. a small development in north brunswick is almost sold out. Stratford is a nice area in Monroe surrounded by farm land and golf courses. besides, it is convenient to major highways and east windsor shoping center. just for curisity, what is the price range for the houses next to appleparch road? thanks

Old 09-26-2007, 05:50 AM

23,790 posts, read 33,259,253 times
Nice house. We just purchased something similar down in Williamstown for around $400k with a walk out basement and a sitting room with fireplace. It's the Amhert Model (http://www.richmondamerican.com/Shop+and+Buy/Home+Detail.htm?mr=Southern%20New%20Jersey&li=1185 8&cm=948 - broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by practicalposts View Post
I booked when prices started from 525, my model was 550. No builder isn't negotiating at all. But you never know with market contition changing. Reading lot of negatives about hosuing market but central NJ is not bulging at all. Infact at Stratford builder increased the price and now the lots are starting form 550. Same goes for North brunswick. Good luck if you want newer house in South Brunswick.
Looks like pricing is $599,900 - $655,900 - ouch.

Some builders are negotiating with options / extras in the ones we've looked at in South Jersey. The problem with that area is it's convenient to every where so builders know they don't have to lower yet, but you never know they may one day.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:10 AM

66 posts, read 386,256 times
Default Guilford model in Stratford

Has anyone had a look at the Guilford model at Stratford.
How come the price is much lesser than the other models.
Does the Stratford community have a swimming pool and how much land do the houses have around them ??
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey