Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 01:08 PM

861 posts, read 2,717,006 times

Advertisements

The holidays are fast approaching and we at the Brain Injury Association of New Jersey (http://www.bianj.org/) (broken link)are beginning our first annual Holiday Gift Giving Drive.

Our family support program (http://www.bianj.org/family-support) (broken link)works with families statewide who have a family member with a brain injury. The financial and emotional toll on these families is huge and long lasting. For many of the families we work with, providing presents for the children is not always possible. We want to bring a little joy to these families by making sure that every child has a gift to open during the holiday season.

I am writing this letter to ask you to adopt a family for the holidays. Could your family, company, book group, Boys Scout troop, or classroom help with this need? If this is something that is of interest to you, please email me at hboccassini@bianj.org.

We will start to have family wishes and needs by the beginning of November, and will gladly share a family’s wishes with you.

If you are unable to take on the commitment required to adopt an entire family, but are still interested in helping to brighten someone’s holiday season, please consider
* donating gas or gift cards in any amount.
* making a financial donation to assist with the cost of things like wrapping paper and travel to deliver the gifts.
* a final option that costs nothing: just forward this letter to a friend, relative, or coworker that might be able to help.

We truly appreciate your support, time and caring for our families!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 01:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,222 times
Wow first annual, hope it is a success! What does is cost to adopt?

Old 11-04-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwotoddlersOhNo View Post
Wow first annual, hope it is a success! What does is cost to adopt?
Thanks... so far off to a good start! About 10 families adopted the first full week!

Cost to adopt varies... we ask donors if they'd like a small or large family. If a donor can't take on a full family, we are also running a toy and wrapping paper drive they have the option of participating in.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:47 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times
I don't see anything on your website regarding this. When will you have your website updated with info on this program?

Old 11-07-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
I don't see anything on your website regarding this. When will you have your website updated with info on this program?
No probably not, as it is so brief in nature.
We did have an offcial mailing though, and it is on BIANJ's *facebook* page.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:23 AM

It's that time of year again!
Only now its our THIRD annual holiday drive... and we've grown!
We've even made the webpage after all these years!
Please let me know if anyone is interested in adopting a family, we service the entire state of NJ!
Articles & News | Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey

Old 11-03-2014, 07:17 AM

It's that time of year again, time for my annual plea to my city data friends!
Please let me know if you'd be interested in adopting a family this holiday season!
Adopt-A-Family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey